Friday, December 1, 2023

Holiday Express Card with Tina

Hello crafty friends, Tina here with a card that is featuring the adorable Holiday Express stamp and die set. This set is of course perfect for your Christmas cards (as I show here today), but it can also be used for so many other occasions!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Holiday Express Holiday Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Snowflake Circle Frame Dies, Reindeer Games, Brilliant Banner Dies)

For this design I wanted to create a dreamy, snowy sky with several layers of clouds. I cut three panels of white card stock to an A2 size and die cut the top parts with a cloud die from my stash, similar to this oneNext, I inked up two panels with Distress Oxides Salvaged Patina and Peacock Feathers. I kept the third one white for extra interest and contrast.

I created a white card base slightly smaller than A2 size and started layering the cloud panels to figure out which height they needed to be. I cut the three panels to size and adhered them to my card base, making sure the white clouds were in the middle. And finishing the scene with a white snowbank which was mounted to the bottom of the card with foam tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Holiday Express Holiday Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Snowflake Circle Frame Dies, Reindeer Games, Brilliant Banner Dies)

Next, I selected which elements from the Holiday Express stamp set I wanted to use. There are several cute critters and an adorable Santa; today I went for the sweet polar bear! I stamped and cut the locomotive, car, tree, some presents, and a few decorations. For my Copic coloring, I chose traditional Christmas colors and, as always, added white highlights and snowflakes with a gel pen. All the images were adhered to the scene with foam tape to add dimension.

Lastly, I stamped a sentiment from Reindeer Games onto a white Brilliant Banner 1 with red die ink from my stash. That pop of color matches the train and car! A few snowflakes and stars from the Snowflake Circle Frame die were scattered around the sentiment. Some of them got embellished with White Jewels.

Thank you so much for visiting the blog. I can’t wait to see your creations with this fun set! Happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Holiday Express Stamps
Holiday Express Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Express Dies
Holiday Express Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowflake Circle Frame
Snowflake Circle Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Reindeer Games Stamps
Reindeer Games Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Reindeer Games Dies
Reindeer Games Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Brilliant Banner 1 Dies
Brilliant Banner 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: