Friday, December 1, 2023

Holiday Express Card with Tina

Hello crafty friends, Tina here with a card that is featuring the adorable Holiday Express stamp and die set. This set is of course perfect for your Christmas cards (as I show here today), but it can also be used for so many other occasions!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Holiday Express Holiday Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Snowflake Circle Frame Dies, Reindeer Games, Brilliant Banner Dies)

For this design I wanted to create a dreamy, snowy sky with several layers of clouds. I cut three panels of white card stock to an A2 size and die cut the top parts with a cloud die from my stash, similar to this oneNext, I inked up two panels with Distress Oxides Salvaged Patina and Peacock Feathers. I kept the third one white for extra interest and contrast.

I created a white card base slightly smaller than A2 size and started layering the cloud panels to figure out which height they needed to be. I cut the three panels to size and adhered them to my card base, making sure the white clouds were in the middle. And finishing the scene with a white snowbank which was mounted to the bottom of the card with foam tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Holiday Express Holiday Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Snowflake Circle Frame Dies, Reindeer Games, Brilliant Banner Dies)

Next, I selected which elements from the Holiday Express stamp set I wanted to use. There are several cute critters and an adorable Santa, today I went for the sweet polar bear! I stamped and cut the locomotive, car, tree, and some presents as well as a few decorations. For my Copic coloring I chose traditional Christmas colors and as always, I added white highlights and snowflakes with a gel pen. All the images were adhered to the scene using foam tape for dimension.

Lastly, I stamped a sentiment from Reindeer Games onto a white Brilliant Banner 1 with red die ink from my stash. That pop of color matches the train and car! A few snowflakes and stars from the Snowflake Circle Frame die were scattered around the sentiment. Some of them got embellished with a Pure White Jewel.

Thank you so much for visiting the blog, I can’t wait to see your creations with this fun set! Happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Holiday Express Stamps
Holiday Express Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Express Dies
Holiday Express Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowflake Circle Frame
Snowflake Circle Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Reindeer Games Stamps
Reindeer Games Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Reindeer Games Dies
Reindeer Games Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Brilliant Banner 1 Dies
Brilliant Banner 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: