Thursday, December 7, 2023

Bells & Baubles Shaker Ornament with Marine

Hello crafty friends, Marine here, I'm so happy to be back on the blog with this shaker ornament showcasing Bells & Baubles. As you can see, I kind of went out of my comfort zone with this gold and black color palette, I'm more of a let-throw-all-the-colors-on-one-single-card kind of girl, but I was actually inspired by my friend and fellow crafter Bobbi Lemanski who recently shared a beautiful set of black + gold + white tags, and I thought it would be a fun challenge for me.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bells & Baubles Shaker Christmas Ornament by Marine Simon (featuring Scalloped Oval Mat Dies, Stitched Oval Dies)

So I started off by stamping five baubles on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using Lawn Fawn premium dye inks. I stamped each image twice to get a nice impression, and then used the coordinating dies to cut everything. Here are the color combinations I picked:

 golden baubles: butter + sunflower + no. 2 pencil

 black baubles: manatee + hippo + black licorice

 toppers: no. 2 pencil

I cut a scalloped oval frame out of black cardstock using the largest die from Scalloped Oval Mat 1 and the largest die from Stitched Oval 2. I also cut an acetate panel using the largest die from Scalloped Oval Mat 1 again, and attached that acetate panel at the back of my black scalloped frame using liquid glue. I stamped my "Merry Christmas" greeting from Bells & Baubles at the bottom of the acetate panel using white stazon ink.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bells & Baubles Shaker Christmas Ornament by Marine Simon (featuring Scalloped Oval Mat Dies, Stitched Oval Dies)

I attached the baubles directly on the acetate using 1mm foam squares, and added golden threads that I secured and stuck at the top back of the frame using thin pieces of tape. I added foam strips at the back of my frame, all along the oval shape, and poured my shaker material inside the acetate window: golden sequins from my stash, and White Snowflake Confetti.

Next I created the handle for my ornament. I cut two black pieces using the smallest die from Stitched Arch, and attached both elements back to back using liquid glue. I also cut two gold mirror eyelets using a die from Sliding Window, attached one of them on the front of my handle, and the second at the back.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bells & Baubles Shaker Christmas Ornament by Marine Simon (featuring Scalloped Oval Mat Dies, Stitched Oval Dies)

Using the largest die from Scalloped Oval Mat 1 again, I cut a panel out of a Classic Sunburst black paper, and attached my handle piece at the top back using liquid glue. I cut another scalloped panel out of black cardstock that I glued at the back of the other, and then stuck that panel to the foam strips to totally close my shaker ornament.

To finish my ornament, I added golden thread on the handle, tied a bow using ribbon from my stash and attached it at the top of the frame using liquid glue. And that's it! I had a really good time making this ornament, and I think it would look amazing with traditional colors like red + green + gold, or even with wintery colors like teal + blue + silver. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and see you next week!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Sliding Window Dies
Sliding Window Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Arch Dies
Stitched Arch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classic Sunburst Paper
Classic Sunburst Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Oval Mat 1 Dies
Scalloped Oval Mat 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Oval 2 Dies
Stitched Oval 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bells & Baubles Stamps
Bells & Baubles Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bells & Baubles Dies
Bells & Baubles Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment