Thursday, December 28, 2023

Love Birds Card with Gladys

Hello crafty friends, Gladys here! I'm excited to be back on the blog with a sweet card featuring the new mini stamp set called Love Birds. It is perfect for Valentine's day but I can see it used year-round for birthdays, anniversary and the holiday season.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Birds Card by Gladys Marcelino (featuring Slimline Dies)

I started by stamping all the images from the set using alcohol-friendly ink. I colored them with Copic markers and used the coordinating dies to cut them all out. Although this is a mini set it has lots of images to build scenes with. It has multiple birds facing opposite directions as well as a branch, different sized leaves, flowers, hearts, and several sentiments. I really like how the birds are drawn in this set, so sweet and cute!

Next, I used the Slimline Scalloped Frame die to cut from thick white cardstock. I trimmed it down to fit on an A2 size card panel. For the background, I used a cloud stencil with salvaged patina distress oxide ink. I foam mounted the panel onto a lilac patterned paper which was cut from A2 size stitched rectangle die. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Birds Card by Gladys Marcelino (featuring Slimline Dies)

I assembled the branch, leaves, flowers on the background panel and adhered them with liquid glue. I added double-sided foam tape on all the birds to give them dimension. For the sentiment I used the "love" word die from the Scalloped Oval Mat 2 die set to cut multiple times from white cardstock and lilac cardstock to match the pattern paper. I combined the word die with a sentiment from the love bird stamp set to complete this simple and sweet card.

Thanks so much for joining me. Have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Oval Mat 2 Dies
Scalloped Oval Mat 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Birds Stamps
Love Birds Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Birds Dies
Love Birds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. Love the large stamps for Valentine and Easter cards!

    ReplyDelete