Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Pretty Poinsettia Card with Gladys

Hello crafty friends, Gladys here! I'm excited to be back on the blog to share a festive holiday card featuring the gorgeous layering stamp set - Pretty Poinsettia.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pretty Poinsettia Holiday Card by Gladys Marcelino

I started by stamping the flowers multiple times using Pinkfresh premium dye inks. I went with pink color combination because looking back at my previous cards I used a lot of red tones so I had to switch up. I also wanted to use a teal cardstock for my card panel and I think it goes really well with pink. I must have stamped 10 flowers because I love how it turned out and it was so easy to line up. It was more than enough to cover the card panel so I'll just save the left over to create Christmas tags at a later time. For interest I added white paint splatters on all the flowers.

Pinkfresh Ink Combo
Flowers: Sparkling Rose, Bubble Gum, Raspberry Bliss
Leaves: Fresh Pear, Grassy Knoll

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pretty Poinsettia Holiday Card by Gladys Marcelino

Next, I used an A2 rectangle die to cut from a light teal cardstock. I darken the edges with peacock feathers distress oxide inks to add some contrast. I also splattered white paint all over the card panel before adhering the flowers. Once I was happy with the placement of the flowers, I mounted them with double sided foam tape. To fill the empty spaces, I stamped the leaves and glued them down. I also added a scatter of bubble embellishments and Spectrum Noir glitter brush pen to add shimmer all over the flowers. It's hard to photograph but it's super pretty in person. Finally, for the sentiment I white heat embossed on black cardstock, fussy cut and foam mounted onto the card. 

Thanks so much for joining me. Have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Pretty Poinsettia Stamps
Pretty Poinsettia Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Pretty Poinsettia Dies
Pretty Poinsettia Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment