Saturday, December 2, 2023

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Debby van Diepen

Hi all! It is Debby here! I am super excited to be here on the Sunny Studio blog as a guest designer! I have made two cards for today. One slimline card and one shaker card, all with Christmas and winter vibes! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Holiday Hugs & Woolen Mitten Holiday Cards by Debby van Diepen

I will start with the slimline card. For this card, I used the Holiday Hugs stamp and matching die setI started stamping the bear three times and colored them with Spectrum Noir Markers. Now my coloring skills with alcohol markers aren't that great, but this bear was easy to color. Mostly because I left the bears white (ha-ha). 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Holiday Hugs & Woolen Mitten Holiday Cards by Debby van Diepen

I created a slimline white card base. On this, I placed a craft card panel with double-sided foam tape. The white card panel with the bears was softly inked with pink Distress Oxide ink. I glued a few of the snowflakes over the top from the Woolen Mitten die set

Sunny Studio Stamps: Holiday Hugs & Woolen Mitten Holiday Cards by Debby van Diepen

For the bears, I arranged them in fun angles so it looks like they are peeking. I cut off the overhanging parts with my scissors and used double-sided foam tape to give them a little pop. I white heat embossed the words onto black cardstock and placed them on the card panel. To finish this card I glued a few gems and a little pink bow. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Woolen Mitten Holiday Card by Debby van Diepen

For the shaker card, I used the Woolen Mitten die setInstead of using the cutout piece of the mitten, I used the cardstock with the negative part. I then glued a piece of clear acetate at the back of the cardstock. I also die-cut the mitten out of a piece of white craft fun foam and glued this piece on the acetate.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Woolen Mitten Holiday Card by Debby van Diepen

I filled the mitten with sparkles and sequins and glued a super soft pink cardstock at the back. Now the shaker part is ready. I glued the bottom of the mitten in mint on the acetate along with the poinsettia. I love all the layers!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Woolen Mitten Holiday Card by Debby van Diepen

The sentiment is from the Holiday Hugs stamp set and is heat-embossed with white on black cardstock. For a little more interest I glued a few white snowflakes on the white card panel. I placed the card panel on a pink card base with double-sided foam tape. And for the finishing touch and more sparkle, I glued a few gems here and there. 

A big thanks for joining me today and I hope this will give you inspiration to create! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Woolen Mitten Dies
Woolen Mitten Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Hugs Stamps
Holiday Hugs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Hugs Dies
Holiday Hugs Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment