Thursday, November 30, 2023

Merry Mice Card with Marine

Hello crafty friends, Marine here, I'm thrilled to share with you the latest adventures of the mice family with this cute and festive slimline card featuring a bunch of images, including ones from Merry Mice. If you have missed their first adventures, here is a recap: they went apple picking during the Fall season here, were busy delivering presents here, and today is all about Christmas caroling, or should I say Christmouse caroling?!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mice Winter Themed Holiday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Balloon Rides, Harvest Mice, Feeling Frosty)

So I started off by creating a simple wintery landscape on a 8,5 x 3,5 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel. On three quarters of the panel, I created snow hills using salvaged patina oxide ink and a hillside stencil from my stash. And at the very top, I created the sky using salvaged patina oxide ink again, with a little bit of peacock feathers oxide ink. I love to add texture to my backgrounds when I use oxide inks, so I mixed a little bit of peacock feathers oxide ink with water, and used a small brush to make splatters on the snowy hills. I did the same on the sky with a mix of blueprint sketch oxide ink and water. And the same again with a mix of white ink and water, but this time I made splatters all over the panel.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mice Winter Themed Holiday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Balloon Rides, Harvest Mice, Feeling Frosty)

Next I stamped all my images on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, cut them all using the matching dies and colored everything using once again my favorite color palette for this holiday season, which is red, light pink, aqua and green. Here is the detailed list of the stamp sets I used:

• Merry Mice - singing mice, mice (with the scarves), scarves, ear muffs, beanies, Santa hat, snowmouse

• Harvest Mice - mice (with the sweaters), sweaters

• Christmas Critters - mouse (in the balloon)

• Balloon Rides - hot air balloon, banners

• Feeling Frosty - trees

• Snowman Kisses - snowflakes

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mice Winter Themed Holiday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Balloon Rides, Harvest Mice, Feeling Frosty)

I stamped my "Have yourself a merry little Christmouse" greeting from Merry Mice at the very bottom of my panel: "Have yourself a merry little" in black, and "Christmouse" in silver. Next I attached the images on my panel using 1mm and 2mm foam squares, and finally added highlights and details to the images and sky using a white gel pen. 

And that's it! I hope that you like this lovely and fun holiday card. Thanks so much for stopping by, and see you next time.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Christmas Critters Stamps
Christmas Critters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Christmas Critters DIes
Christmas Critters DIes
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Feeling Frosty Stamps
Feeling Frosty Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Feeling Frosty Dies
Feeling Frosty Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Merry Mice Stamps
Merry Mice Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Merry Mice Dies
Merry Mice Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Harvest Mice Stamps
Harvest Mice Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Harvest Mice Dies
Harvest Mice Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Stamps
Balloon Rides Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Dies
Balloon Rides Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowman Kisses Stamps
Snowman Kisses Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowman Kisses Dies
Snowman Kisses Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment