Sunday, December 31, 2023

Love Birds Card with Rachel

Hello crafty friends! It's Rachel here with a shadow box card featuring the adorable new Love Birds Stamp Set

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Birds Card by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Picket Fence Border Dies)

To start, I first created my shadow box from scratch. When folded, it measures 5" x 6.5" and can fit easily in a standard 5"x7" envelope. When upright, it measures 4.5" wide by 5" tall. To create my base, I simply trimmed two pieces of white card stock to 5" x 7" and scored each piece at both 1/2" and 5". I die cut a stitched circle into one of the pieces to create a window, stamped my sentiment to the piece with the window, and then attached both the front and back pieces of my shadow box together by adding some glue to the 1/2" tab pieces.

I next stamped all of my images onto a sheet of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock with some Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with Copic alcohol markers. I then used the coordinating Love Birds Die Set to cut them out. Prior to adding my images to the inside of my shadow box card, I first die cut a grass panel (from green card stock) and a fence (from white card stock) using the Picket Fence Border Die Set. I adhered the grass first directly behind the bottom opening of my circular window and then added the fence piece behind my grass.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Birds Card by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Picket Fence Border Dies)

For my background, I blended some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink onto a 4.5" x 5" piece of smooth white card stock. Lastly, I added some hearts using clear acetate in the areas where it would look like the hearts were floating.

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by! I had so much fun working with this adorable set and hope you enjoyed my card today! For more card making inspiration, feel free to check out my Instagram Feed.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Picket Fence Border Dies
Picket Fence Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Birds Stamps
Love Birds Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Birds Dies
Love Birds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment