Sunday, November 19, 2023

Penguin Pals Card with Rachel

Hello crafty friends! It's Rachel here with a Christmas card featuring one of the sweet little penguins from the Penguin Pals Stamp Set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Christmas Card with Rachel Alvarado (featuring Slimline Nature Border Dies)

I combined this set with a gorgeous sentiment from the Season's Greetings Stamp Set. I first stamped my images (penguin and candy cane) onto a sheet of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I then colored them with Copic alcohol markers and used the coordinating Penguin Pals Die Set to cut them out.

Copic Colors Used:

  • White: 0, C00, C1, C3
  • Black: W7, W9
  • Reds: R14, R46, R59, R89
  • Orange: YR04, YR18
  • Cheeks: RV52
Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Christmas Card with Rachel Alvarado (featuring Slimline Nature Border Dies)

For my background, I trimmed a piece of light blue card stock slightly larger than 4.25" x 5.5" and blended the top of it with some MFT Blue Yonder Premium Dye Ink. I also added some snow spatters with some diluted Copic Opaque White Paint. Next, I trimmed off the ink smudges from the edges by cutting my panel down to 4.25" x 5.5" with my paper trimmer. I then die cut a stitched snow drift from white card stock with one of the
 Slimline Nature Border Dies

To finish my card, I heat embossed my sentiment onto a piece of red card stock with Fine Detail White Embossing Powder and then adhered it to my card base with some liquid adhesive after I die cut it. Lastly, I added my images with 3D foam adhesive tape and also adhered a strip of patterned paper from the All is Bright Paper Pad at the bottom of my card.

Thanks so much for dropping by! Wishing you all a lovely day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Pals Stamps
Penguin Pals Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Pals Dies
Penguin Pals Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
All Is Bright Paper
All Is Bright Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: