Saturday, November 4, 2023

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Donna Mikasa

Hello and Happy Saturday! Donna Mikasa here and I’m excited to share some projects using products from the newest Sunny Studio release.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Dashing Dachshund Winter Themed Holiday Card by Donna Mikasa

I’ve combined new and older products that I thought worked well together. For my first project, I made a card with the happy go lucky pup from Dashing Dachshund.

A sky was ink blended on watercolor card stock and spattered with water. I used the Snowflake Circle Frame Die as a focal point, die cutting the snowflakes from glitter card stock.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Dashing Dachshund Winter Themed Holiday Card by Donna Mikasa

A little secret on how I “colored” the pup. Since my Copic markers are drying up from not being used, I decided to stencil in the colors by cutting out the pup and laying it over the stamped image. I stenciled in the color and die cut him out. It’s not perfect coloring but I wanted o test out a different way to color an image. The sentiment is from Holiday Style.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Holiday Hugs Winter Themed Holiday Card by Donna Mikasa (featuring Moroccan Circle embossing folder)

For my second project, I made a simple tag using Holiday Hugs. I made a polar bear holding a large snowflake, again using snowflakes from the Snowflake Circle Frame Die.

An arch shaped tag was cut from white card stock and ink blended with blue inks. To give the tag some texture, I ran it through the Moroccan Circles embossing folder.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Holiday Hugs Winter Themed Holiday Card by Donna Mikasa (featuring Moroccan Circle embossing folder)

The polar bear was colored and cut with the matching dies and adhered to the tag. I added more snowflakes and a simple sentiment from the same set.

I like that Sunny Studio Stamps can be mixed and matched with older sets so you can stretch their usage throughout the holiday.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used: 

Holiday Style Stamps
Holiday Style Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Moroccan Circles Embossing
Moroccan Circles Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowflake Circle Frame
Snowflake Circle Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Dashing Dachshund Stamps
Dashing Dachshund Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Dashing Dachshund Dies
Dashing Dachshund Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Hugs Stamps
Holiday Hugs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Hugs Dies
Holiday Hugs Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: