Thursday, November 23, 2023

Merry Mocha Card with Marine

Hello crafty friends! Happy Thanksgiving! Marine here, super happy to be back on the blog with this set of see-through shaker tags showcasing the adorable Merry Mocha mini stamp set. I love making tags throughout the year, but especially during the holiday season, and I thought this cup of mocha was the perfect size for tags. And what's better than gingerbread cookies to go with this delicious hot beverage?

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mocha Holiday Tags by Marine Simon (featuring Mini Mat & Tag Dies, Christmas Cookies, Baking Spirits Bright)

To give my tags some kind of a vintage look, I stamped my images on a light kraft cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly black ink. As always I used the coordinating dies to cut them all, and colored everything using my alcohol markers, except for the white sections that I colored using a white colored pencil. So, along with the Merry Mocha cups, I stamped the gingerbread couple from Christmas Cookies, as well as the one from Baking Spirits Bright and the candy canes from that same set.

Next I worked on the tags. I started off by cutting six tag shapes out of a dark kraft cardstock using a die from Mini Mat & Tag 3, cut an opening inside each tag panel using another die from the same set, and then attached a piece of acetate at the back of each tag. I set three of those tags aside, and at the back of the three other tags, I attached foam strips all along the opening to create room for my shaker material. I added polymer clay candy cane slices inside that space, as well as clear glitter, and used the three tags I had put aside to close the three others.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mocha Holiday Tags by Marine Simon (featuring Mini Mat & Tag Dies, Christmas Cookies, Baking Spirits Bright)

I attached a cup of Merry Mocha, candy canes and a gingerbread cookie on each tag using 1mm foam squares, I also created three identical greetings using the "Eat Drink and Be Merry" sentiment from Merry Mocha. I white heat embossed three greetings on brown cardstock, and used the matching die to cut them. Next I cut three small tags out of the same light kraft cardstock as the images using a die from Wrap Around Box, and I stuck a greeting on each small tag using 1mm foam squares again.

To finish my tags, I tied each small tag to a bigger one using white thread, and I created three red bows that I stuck at the top of each tag using 3mm glue dots. And for once I didn't feel that it needed white highlights, maybe because I colored on kraft cardstock, who knows? 

I hope that you will be inspired by those cute and festive see-through shaker tags! Thank you so much for stopping by, happy Thanksgiving, and see you next week!

------------------------------------------------

The Merry Mocha Stamps used today are not available for purchase this holiday season but rather will be automatically included with all retail orders of $45 or more from our online store through November 27th at Midnight PDT. Here are all the details:

Receive free shipping on U.S. orders of $40+

+ Receive the exclusive mini "Merry Mocha" stamp set with a $45+ purchase.

+ Receive the coordinating "Merry Mocha" dies with a $75+ purchase.

+ 10% of retail sales will be donated to the Maui Strong Fund with the Hawaii Community Foundation.

*Please note: No discount codes are needed. All offers will be applied automatically and cannot be combined with additional discounts at checkout. Purchases are based on order subtotal, prior to shipping & tax.

Sunny Studio Black Friday 2023 Promotion with Exclusive Free Merry Mocha Stamps & Dies, Free Shipping + Maui Fundraiser

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Christmas Cookies Stamps
Christmas Cookies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Christmas Cookies Dies
Christmas Cookies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wrap Around Box Die
Wrap Around Box Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Mat & Tag 3 Dies
Mini Mat & Tag 3 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Baking Spirits Bright Stamps
Baking Spirits Bright Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Baking Spirits Bright Dies
Baking Spirits Bright Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment