Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Winter Wreaths Card with Gladys

Hi crafty friends, Gladys here! I'm excited to be back on the blog today to share another holiday card featuring the beautiful Winter Wreaths stamp set. It's the busiest time of the year again and if you haven't started your holiday card making yet I hope this card will help inspire you!  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Winter Wreaths Holiday Card by Gladys Marcelino (featuring Season's Greetings)

To start, I stamped the wreath using Simon Says Stamps pawsitively saturated inks, but you can use any inks you prefer. I used a light color first then stamped it a second time using a darker color only on the outer and inner edge of the wreath to add contrast. If you don't want harsh lines, use a mini sponge dauber to smooth the ink before stamping it so that it has an even application. The bow and mini poinsettias are layering stamps which I love because it's very dimensional. I recommend using a stamping tool with layering stamps because it makes it so much easier to line things up. Once all my stamping was complete, I used the coordinating dies to cut them all out.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Winter Wreaths Holiday Card by Gladys Marcelino (featuring Season's Greetings)

Next, I used an A2 rectangle die to cut the red pattern paper from All Is Bright paper pack. I inked the edges with aged mahogony distress ink to add depth. To add more interest, I splattered white paint all over the panel and wreath. For the sentiment I used the Season's Greetings stamp set. I heat embossed it with gold embossing powder then used the coordinating die to cut the word Greetings. The word season's is heat embossed on vellum. 

To assemble the card, I centered the wreath on the top of the panel. I backed the poinsettia's and bow with double sided foam tape for dimension. Then adhered the Greetings sentiment on the bottom of the panel and the vellum centered in the opening of the wreath. For finishing touches I added red jewels on the center of the poinsettia's and a scatter of gold jewels all over the wreath. 

Thanks so much for joining me today, I'll be back for more inspiration. Have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Season's Greetings Stamps
Season's Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Season's Greetings Dies
Season's Greetings Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
All Is Bright Paper
All Is Bright Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Wreaths Stamps
Winter Wreaths Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Wreaths Dies
Winter Wreaths Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment