Thursday, November 2, 2023

Love & Light Card with Marine

Hello crafty friends, Marine here, I'm very happy to be back on the blog with this bright Hanukkah card showcasing the beautiful Love & Light stamp set which includes the perfect images to make your own Hanukkah card or tags.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love & Light Hanukkah Card by Marine Simon (featuring Scalloped Oval Mat Dies, Stitched Oval Dies, Dotted Diamond Dies)

I decided to go for a shaker card, and started off by cutting three different elements to build it:

• an A2 sized Dotted Diamond Landscape blue panel
• an A2 sized Spring Sunburst blue panel
• an A2 sized acetate panel
• a gold glitter frame using the Stitched Oval 2 + Scalloped Oval Mat 1 largest dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love & Light Hanukkah Card by Marine Simon (featuring Scalloped Oval Mat Dies, Stitched Oval Dies, Dotted Diamond Dies)

I added a little bit of prize ribbon + black soot distress inks on the edges of my Dotted Diamond panel, and used the largest Stitched Oval 2 die to cut an opening right in the middle of it. I attached the acetate panel at the back using double sided tape, and added foam strips all along the four edges of my panel, as well as around the oval opening. I poured a bunch of golden sequins inside the window, and then stuck my Spring Sunburst panel on the foam to totally close the shaker. And to decorate the oval window nicely, I attached my gold glitter frame using liquid glue.

Next I stamped all my images on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, cut them all using the matching dies, and colored everything using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers + Graph'it brush markers. I also white heat embossed my "Happy Hanukkah" greeting from Love & Light on black cardstock and cut it using the coordinating die.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love & Light Hanukkah Card by Marine Simon (featuring Scalloped Oval Mat Dies, Stitched Oval Dies, Dotted Diamond Dies)

I attached everything on my shaker panel using 1mm foam squares and liquid glue, and finally added highlights and details using a white gel pen. And that's it! I hope that you like it. Here's another idea, as I'm writing this, you could create a wreath with the olive branches and put either the dove in the center, or the candelabrum, or even just the greeting, any of these would look amazing! 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and see you next week.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Spring Sunburst 6x6 Paper
Spring Sunburst 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Oval Mat 1 Dies
Scalloped Oval Mat 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Oval 2 Dies
Stitched Oval 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Dotted Diamond Landscape
Dotted Diamond Landscape
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love & Light Stamps
Love & Light Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love & Light Dies
Love & Light Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: