Friday, November 3, 2023

Woolen Mitten Die Focused Card with Tina

Hello crafty friends, Tina here featuring the gorgeous Woolen Mitten Die set! I am a huge fan of shaped cards and I love that this mitten is big enough to add lots of details to it. Such as the festive wreath I am creating today.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Woolen Mitten Holiday Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Winter Wreaths, Winter Greenery, Ribbon & Lace Border Dies)

I am kicking off this project by creating a white mitten card base by folding a sheet of white card stock in two and using the mitten die, making sure the top part stayed intact. Next, I cut another mitten from a beautiful snowflake paper (Joyful Holiday) and added some dimension by inking the edges with a blending brush and Distress Oxide Uncharted Mariner.

I did the same for the cuff of the mitten which I created with a polka dot paper (Joyful Holiday). A small white border (Ribbon & Lace Border dies) was added as extra embellishment. After gluing all the elements of the mitten to my shaped card base, I was ready to work on my wreath.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Woolen Mitten Holiday Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Winter Wreaths, Winter Greenery, Ribbon & Lace Border Dies)

The smallest wreath die from Winter Wreaths was the perfect size for my base. This immediately gives you the perfect circle shape to add the branches from Winter Greenery Dies. I stacked two layers of branches in the same teal blue color as my base. I also cut three extra branches from a shiny white card stock to give some contrast with the blue mitten.

I used the smallest Poinsettia leaf die from the Woolen Mitten set and cut it from red, pink and white card stock. This creates the most adorable little flowers with a small white gem from the Pure White Jewels as a center. I added the flowers to the wreath with some foam tape and glued the whole piece onto the mitten shape. Finally, I stamped a sentiment from Feeling Frosty to a small white strip using Versafine Onyx black ink and added it to the cuff of the mitten.

I am sure you will love this beautiful mitten die as much as I do!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Feeling Frosty Stamps
Feeling Frosty Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Greenery DIes
Winter Greenery DIes
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Wreaths Stamps
Winter Wreaths Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Wreaths Dies
Winter Wreaths Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Joyful Holiday Paper
Joyful Holiday Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Ribbon & Lace Dies
Ribbon & Lace Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woolen Mitten Dies
Woolen Mitten Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: