Thursday, May 11, 2023

Grad Cat Gift Tags with Marine

Hello crafty friends! Marine here, I'm super happy to be back on the blog with those six graduation shaker tags showcasing the ever so cute kitty from Grad Cat. Love this sweet little guy so much I thought it would be fun to create a variety of cats with matching bow ties and books.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Grad Cat Graduation Shaker Tags by Marine Simon (featuring Mini Mat & Tag Dies)

I started off by stamping six kitties, books and bow ties, all from Grad Cat, on Transotype perfect coloring paper using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, I cut them all using the coordinating dies, and colored everything using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers and Graph'it Brush markers. I colored each kitty in a different way to make each one of them unique, and once the coloring was done, I stamped a star, again from Grad Cat, on each book spine.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Grad Cat Graduation Shaker Tags by Marine Simon (featuring Mini Mat & Tag Dies)

Next I created six shaker tags using the same process as the Meow & Furever tags I made back in January. The papers I used are from the Heroic Halftones paper pack, and these are perfect because they look like they're shining a light on each kitty that just graduated. So, I made those tags using the Mini Mat & Tags 3 die set, and to decorate the top I cut and glued a gold glitter star using a die from the Mini Mat & Tags 4 die set, and used gold thread from my stash to make handles.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Grad Cat Graduation Shaker Tags by Marine Simon (featuring Mini Mat & Tag Dies)

I attached each kitty and book on their matching tags using 1mm foam squares, and then I created the greetings. I cut six speech bubbles out of matching cardstock using a die from the Comic Strip Speech Bubbles die set, next I cut six more speech bubbles out of gold glitter cardstock, I attached a gold glitter speech bubble behind each colored speech bubble, and then stuck the elements on the tags using 1mm foam squares again.

As always I finished the tags by adding highlights and details on the images and speech bubbles using a white gel pen. And that's it! I hope you like those cute and colorful graduation shaker tags. Thanks so much for stopping by, and see next time!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Heroic Halftones 6x6 Paper
Heroic Halftones 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Grad Cat Stamps
Grad Cat Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Grad Cat Dies
Grad Cat Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Mat & Tag 3 Dies
Mini Mat & Tag 3 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Mat & Tag 4 Dies
Mini Mat & Tag 4 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

3 comments:

  1. These are brilliant! Love how the cats are not all colored the same way. Super-cute! TFS -
    Lori S in PA (E-U)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. Your sweet feedback is always so appreciated. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh these are fantastic! My beautiful granddaughter is graduating high school in a couple of weeks and I have everything on hand to make one of these…yayyy! I plan on giving her cash as her main gift so I could easily add a small pocket on the back for folded bills, then attach it to a gift bag containing another gift I have for her. Voila! Thank you SO much for your inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete