Friday, May 26, 2023

Birthday Cat Card with Tina

Hello crafty friends, it’s Tina and today’s project consists of three adorable mini cards featuring the sweet Birthday Cat stamp and die set. As usual, I browsed through my stash to create a mix and match design. It’s always fun to see how well old and new products can work together!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Birthday Cat Mini Birthday Card Set by Tina Henkens (featuring Mini Mat & Tag Dies, Scalloped Oval Mat Dies)

The cute birthday kitties take center stage in these cards. I love that you can stack them for a fun and whimsical look! I stamped all these images on Neenah Solar White paper, colored them with my Copic markers (trying to create a different fur pattern for each cat) and adding white details with a gel pen.

The card panels were made with a pink, yellow and teal pattern paper from the Dots & Stripes Pastel pad. I used the Mini Mat & Tag 1, Mini Mat & Tag 2 and Mini Mat and Tag 3 dies. Next, I cut three ovals from Neenah paper with the second smallest die from the Scalloped Oval Mat 1 set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Birthday Cat Mini Birthday Card Set by Tina Henkens (featuring Mini Mat & Tag Dies, Scalloped Oval Mat Dies)

I didn’t want these ovals to be just stark white so I added ink splatters in matching Distress Oxide colors (Squeezed Lemonade for the yellow card, Peacock Feathers for the teal one and finally some pink Kitsch Flamingo). These Oxides were also used to stamp the ‘pun’ word in the sentiments from the Birthday Cat stamp set.

To assemble the cards, I first glued the pastel panels to mini white card bases. Next, I adhered the scalloped ovals directly to the bases. I send most of my cards through the mail, so I am trying to reduce bulk when stacking elements to my cards. But I did mount all the sweet cat images with thin foam tape so they would really stand out! Lastly, I added the sentiment strips at the bottom of the cupcakes.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Birthday Cat Mini Birthday Card Set by Tina Henkens (featuring Mini Mat & Tag Dies, Scalloped Oval Mat Dies)

I found the perfect matching embellishments in the Jewels Pastel Mix and Jewels Bright mix. These mixes contain so many gorgeous colors that I can use them on lots of my cards.

Since I often send birthday cards, I am super happy to have not one but three cute mini cards ready to go! Thank you for joining me and I hope you have fun creating cards with these adorable birthday cats! Happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Dots & Stripes Pastels 6x6 Paper
Dots & Stripes Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Oval Mat 1 Dies
Scalloped Oval Mat 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Mat & Tag 1 Dies
Mini Mat & Tag 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Mat & Tag 2 Dies
Mini Mat & Tag 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Mat & Tag 3 Dies
Mini Mat & Tag 3 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Birthday Cat Stamps
Birthday Cat Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Birthday Cat Dies
Birthday Cat Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: