Sunday, May 28, 2023

Bright Balloons Card with Cathy

Hey friends! Cathy here today and this adorable little cactus is sending birthday wishes with the help of the Bright Balloons Dies!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bright Balloons Birthday Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Looking Sharp, Crepe Paper Streamers, Ribbon & Lace Border Dies, Cupcake Shape Dies)

This is a mini slimline card (card base is 6 1/4" x 6 1/2", scored on the 6 1/2" side at 3 1/4" and folded in half) and I started by cutting a piece of white cardstock 3" x 6" for the card front. I placed a post-it note across the panel 1 3/4" from the bottom and inked with Lost Shadow Distress ink. I then masked the gray area and inked a sunrise stencil from my stash using Spun Sugar and Kitsch Flamingo Distress inks. I stamped the sentiment from the Looking Sharp Stamps 3/8" below the horizon line.

Next, I created a festive Southwestern pattern along the bottom of the panel using the Crepe Paper Streamer DiesRibbon & Lace Border DiesWindow Quad Square Dies (thin green strips) and the Cupcake Shape Die (pink circles). I die-cut these elements from white cardstock and inked them with Saltwater Taffy, Peacock Feathers, Dried Marigold and Twisted Citron Distress inks. I adhered them in the pattern shown and trimmed the excess from the edges. I then adhered the panel to the card front.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bright Balloons Birthday Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Looking Sharp, Crepe Paper Streamers, Ribbon & Lace Border Dies, Cupcake Shape Dies)

For the balloons, I die-cut them from white cardstock and inked them with 2 colors of Distress ink each (Peacock Feathers/Salvaged Patina, Mowed Lawn/Twisted Citron, Spiced Marmalade/Dried Marigold and Saltwater Taffy/Spun Sugar). I backed each with white cardstock and placed a small piece of double-sided tape on the back of each balloon. I then wrapped/adhered a 5" long piece of gray embroidery floss to each balloon. I adhered the balloons starting with the ones at the top and kept the floss pulled tightly as I adhered the next balloons. To hold the floss tightly together, I applied a piece of double-sided tape where the cactus arm would cover the strings and adhered them together on the card front.

To finish, I stamped the cactus and birthday hat from the Looking Sharp Stamps on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock, colored them with Copics and fussy cut them out.

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Looking Sharp Stamps
Looking Sharp Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Looking Sharp Dies
Looking Sharp Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cupcake Shape Dies
Cupcake Shape Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Window Quad Square Die
Window Quad Square Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Ribbon & Lace Dies
Ribbon & Lace Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bright Balloons Dies
Bright Balloons Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Crepe Paper Streamers Dies
Crepe Paper Streamers Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment