Saturday, May 27, 2023

Guest Designer Spotlight: Birthday Cards with Rachel Alvarado

Hello crafty friends! It's Rachel here from RachelAlvaradoDesigns.com. I am happy to be back on the Sunny Studio Blog with some projects featuring items from the newest release.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Birthday Cat Birthday Card by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Fancy Frame Circle Dies, Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies)

For my first project, I created a slimline birthday card featuring the adorable Birthday Cats Stamp Set. To start my card, I first stamped all of my images with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto a sheet of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock. I then used the Birthday Cats Die Set to cut them out. I set my images aside and die cut some white and teal pieces of card stock with the Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies to create my slimline card base.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Birthday Cat Birthday Card by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Fancy Frame Circle Dies, Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies)

Next, I die cut three white scalloped circles using the Fancy Frame Circle Dies. Before adding them to my card base, I used a basic circle die to cut three more circles from a piece of smooth white card stock. I added some Salvaged Patina to each circular piece before then splattering it with some diluted Copic Opaque White Paint. Once dry, I then layered these ink-blended pieces with the scalloped circle sections and then adhered them to my card base with double-sided adhesive. Lastly, I heat embossed my sentiment pieces with Fine Detail White Embossing Powder and then added my images with some 3D Foam Adhesive Tape for extra dimension.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Birthday Mouse Birthday Card by Rachel Alvarado

For my second project, I created a sweet, single layered birthday card featuring the new Birthday Mouse Stamp Set. I first stamped my images to a 4"x 5.25" piece of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock and then stamped them a second time onto a piece of Gina K. Designs Masking Magic Sheets. I fussy cut my images from the masking paper and used them to cover/mask the images that I had just stamped onto my card base. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Birthday Mouse Birthday Card by Rachel Alvarado

Once covered, I then lightly blended the background with some Milled Lavender Distress Oxide Ink, removed the masking pieces, and then added some diluted white ink spatters to my ink-blended portion for some added interest. Once dry, I then colored all of my images with Copic Markers. I finished my card by stamping my sentiment and adding this piece to a standard, top-folding, A2 sized card base.

Copic Colors Used:

  • Mouse: W00, W1, W3, W5
  • Purples: V01, V04, V15, V09
  • Indigo: V20, V22, V25, V28
  • Butterfly: B60, B63

I hope you enjoyed my card today! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by! If you liked this card and want some more crafty inspiration, please feel free to check out my INSTAGRAM feed! Wishing you all a lovely day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
 

Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Birthday Cat Stamps
Birthday Cat Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Birthday Cat Dies
Birthday Cat Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Birthday Mouse Stamps
Birthday Mouse Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. These are adorable! Love Rachel's work... Great colors used, esp on the slimline card.
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete