Friday, May 12, 2023

Grad Cat Card with Tina

Hello crafty friends, it’s Tina with a colorful graduation card for you today! It’s that time of the year when we all need such a congratulations card. Mine is for my niece who will receive her bachelor’s degree in bioengineering sciences. I am sure she will love this sweet cat with the hat and diploma! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Grad Cat Graduation Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Woo Hoo, Happy Thoughts, Scalloped Oval Mat Dies, Crepe Paper Streamer Dies)

My white card panel is dry embossed with the Sunburst Embossing Folder. I really love the extra texture this gives to a simple base. To highlight my scene I die cut the largest oval from the Scalloped Oval Mat 1 set and turned it into a frame with a smaller oval die from an infinity set. The sweet pink paper is from the Gingham Pastels pack.

Next, I stamped and die cut all my images for this card using the Cat Grad and Woo Hoo sets. These products work so well together! I colored everything with my Copic markers.

As an extra festive detail I also die cut three Crepe Paper Streamers and used the same markers to make them match the color scheme. I added some golden and white details with gel pens from my stash.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Grad Cat Graduation Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Woo Hoo, Happy Thoughts, Scalloped Oval Mat Dies, Crepe Paper Streamer Dies)

As a sentiment, I combined the ‘happy graduation’ from Happy Thoughts which is a very versatile set to have at hand for lots of occasions.

I glued my embossed panel to a card base and started layering all the images, creating a pile of books for the sweet cat to sit on. I tucked the diploma under the tail and added the streamers to the background. Lastly, I adhered the sentiment and some Gold Jewels.

I hope you got inspired to make some fun grad cards with this cute Grad Cat! Thank you for joining me and happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Woo Hoo Dies
Woo Hoo Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woo Hoo Stamps
Woo Hoo Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Thoughts Stamps
Happy Thoughts Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sunburst Embossing
Sunburst Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Grad Cat Stamps
Grad Cat Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Grad Cat Dies
Grad Cat Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Oval Mat 1 Dies
Scalloped Oval Mat 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Crepe Paper Streamers Dies
Crepe Paper Streamers Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable. Love the non-traditional pink!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete