Wednesday, May 24, 2023

A Cut Above Card with Catherine

Hello Crafty Friends! It’s Catherine here! Today, I am sharing a cute scissors themed card created with A Cut Above Stamps. This set is super fun as it includes colored pencils, pushpins, notebook grids, and lines!

Sunny Studio Stamps: A Cut Above Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Beach Buddies, Slimline Dies, Chloe Alphabet Dies)

To start, I die cut two pairs of scissors and four pushpins out of white cardstock. I put the negatives back into my Misti to use as a guide for stamping the layered stamps. I used the following inks:

Reds: Altenew Heart Beat, Ruby Red
Blues: Catherine Pooler Oh Boy, Something Borrowed
Greys: Pink Fresh Misty Coast, Tim Holtz Lost Shadow
Greens: Altenew Green Fields, Firefly
Yellows: Catherine Pooler Lemoncello, Catching Rays

I die cut the word “CUT” with Chloe Alphabet Dies three times out of white cardstock and ink blended one set of letters with Festive Berries, Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxides. I glued the other two sets together and then glued the colored set on top.

Next, I stamped the panda and bunny from Beach Buddies Stamps and die cut with the coordinating Beach Buddies Dies. I colored the Panda and Bunny with Copic Markers listed in my blog link below.

Sunny Studio Stamps: A Cut Above Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Beach Buddies, Slimline Dies, Chloe Alphabet Dies)

For the background, I die cut a stitched border onto 4” x 5.25” white cardstock using a rectangle die from my stash. I wanted to do something fun with the background so I stamped dotted lines using the same inks with a road stamp from Spring Scenes Stamps. I added grey dashes with a Grey Multi-liner. I cut the openings from the sides with a craft cutter and ruler and then I partially die cut the top of the openings with a stitched border die from Slimline Basic Border Dies. I adhered the white background onto paper from Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper.

I adhered all the images onto the front panel. I added White Heat Embossed sentiments from the same set. I finished off the card by adhering it onto A2 Vellum.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Please feel free to visit me at Crafti-Cat for a list of markers used. Have a wonderful week!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Beach Buddies Stamps
Beach Buddies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Buddies Dies
Beach Buddies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper
Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Scenes Stamps
Spring Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Basic Borders
Slimline Basic Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
A Cut Above Stamps
A Cut Above Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
A Cut Above Dies
A Cut Above Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Dear SS and Cat,
    This is just too cute! Love it!! The primary colors and the scissors are perfect. The layout continues the triangle vibe begun by the scissor shapes and those peeks of patterned paper! GAAA! Love those!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete