Thursday, May 4, 2023

Scrumptious Cupcakes Card with Marine

Hi crafty friends, Marine here today to offer you a delicious cupcake from Scrumptious Cupcakes! I created this birthday shaker card using bits and pieces from different sets, and the first thing I did was to create the background. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scrumptious Cupcakes Birthday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Bursting Hearts Dies, Scalloped Circle Mat Dies, Stitched Circle Dies)

I cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel, and used distress oxide inks to color it. From the center: kitsch flamingo, squeezed lemonade and salvaged patina. As always I splattered the panel with water and white ink to make it less flat, and set it aside to dry.

Next I worked on the shaker panel. I cut a white Bursting Hearts panel, as well as a white frame using a die from my stash. I attached the frame on the front of the bursting hearts panel, and at the back I stuck an acetate panel. Still at the back of the bursting hearts panel, I attached foam strips all along the four edges, added golden heart sequins on the acetate, and then stuck my oxide ink panel on the foam strips to close my shaker panel. I attached it on a card base, and then moved on to the cupcake.

I created it using Lawn Fawn Inks. For the cupcake case I used butter + lemonade + sunflower inks, for the cupcake itself I used doe ink, and for the frosting I used ballet slippers + peachy keen + wild rose inks.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scrumptious Cupcakes Birthday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Bursting Hearts Dies, Scalloped Circle Mat Dies, Stitched Circle Dies)

I cut each element using the coordinating dies, and set them aside for a minute because I wanted to add a small background behind my cupcake. As a base I cut a scalloped circle out of a Dots & Stripes Pastels pattern paper using a Scalloped Circle Mat 1 die, and then I cut a gold glitter frame using the same Scalloped Circle Mat 1 die as well a Stitched Circle Large die to create a frame that I attached on the scalloped circle.

I stuck my scalloped element in the middle of the Bursting Hearts panel, and then the cupcake on top using 1mm foam squares. Next I white heat embossed my greeting on a Notebook Photo Corners black banner combining words from Garden Fairy and Panda Party, and I attached the banner below the cupcake.

And that's it! Thank you so much for stopping by, and see you next week!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Dots & Stripes Pastels 6x6 Paper
Dots & Stripes Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Fairy Stamps
Garden Fairy Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Circle Mat 1 Dies
Scalloped Circle Mat 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Circle Large Dies
Stitched Circle Large Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bursting Heart Die
Bursting Heart Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Panda Party Stamps
Panda Party Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Notebook Photo Corners Dies
Notebook Photo Corners Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scrumptious Cupcakes Stamps
Scrumptious Cupcakes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scrumptious Cupcakes Dies
Scrumptious Cupcakes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. 😍😍😍😍😍😍The background is busy but amazing! Love the sweet treat! TFS -
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete