Friday, July 9, 2021

Poppy Fields Cards with Kay and Candice

Hi there! Kay here today with a card to share with you using the beautiful new Poppy Fields stamp setPoppy Fields coordinating dies and the Inside Birthday Greetings stamp set. And yes, I do know that poppies are red, but I decided to make a bouquet of poppies in a lovely mix of pink, purple and orange! That's what's so fun about stamping!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Poppy Fields Inside Greetings Birthday Card by Kay Miller

I first created a background for my card using distress inks in Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet and Broken China. I blended these onto Bristol Board cardstock and then speckled with water and blotted.

I then stamped all of the flowers, leaves and stems with the Poppy Fields Stamp set in the following Pinkfresh Studio inks:

Pinks: Ballet Slipper, Sparkling Rose, Bubble Gum, Raspberry Bliss
Oranges: Peach Fizz, Apricot, Clementine, Persimmon
Purples: Soft Lilac, Candy Violet, Lavender, Regal Kiss
Greens: Fresh peas, Olive

Sunny Studio Stamps: Poppy Fields Inside Greetings Birthday Card by Kay Miller

I cut all of the images out with the Poppy Fields coordinating dies. I then adhered the stems with liquid glue first and then added all of the flowers and leaves with glue dots.

Lastly I stamped the sentiment from the Inside Birthday Greetings stamp set on black cardstock and heat embossed it. I cut it out and added it to the bottom of the bouquet with foam tape.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today! Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoy your weekend!

----------------------------------------------------

Hello! It's Candice with you this fabulous Friday sharing an elegant card using the Poppy Fields stamp set! I didn't know there were blue poppies but found out there are some called Himalayan Blue poppies and used the color for my inspiration today!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Poppy Fields Frilly Frame Dies Slimline Dies Everyday Card by Candice Fisher

I used these Sunny Studio products for my design:

I began my card with a 6 1/2 x 5 card base. For my background, I first die cut the scalloped inlay from thick white cardstock and trimmed a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock to fit behind it. I inked this piece with faded jeans, salty ocean, tumbled glass, and tea dye and glued the inlay over it. I used foam tape to adhere to the center of my card front.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Poppy Fields Frilly Frame Dies Slimline Dies Everyday Card by Candice Fisher

Next I stamped the poppies, leaves, and stems using these colors of Altenew inks: blues-sea glass, ocean waves, tidal blue, and starlight browns-vanilla cream, hazelnut, and almond butter. I then die cut them out using the coordinating dies and arranged along the bottom of the frame gluing the bottoms and using foam tape to raise the flowers. I finished with a layered 'hello' inking the top one with faded jeans, salty ocean, and tumbled glass and sprinkled a few blue jewels around!

Thank you so much for visiting with me today!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Poppy Fields Stamps
Poppy Fields Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Poppy Fields Dies
Poppy Fields Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Inside Greetings Birthday
Inside Greetings Birthday
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely STUNNING! Beautiful colors💙💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauties both...and Kay I was like you and thought they were red! They actually grow in more colors than red. Today's post is very true!

    ReplyDelete