Saturday, July 17, 2021

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Wanda Guess

Hi everyone! Wanda Guess here! I'm always happy and excited to be the guest designer on the Sunny Studio Blog! I'm so delighted to work with the beautiful and fun stamps and dies from Sunny Studio! Happy Summer! When I saw this new release I immediately loved everything - but in particular the Tiki Time set! My husband and I love to visit our local Tiki Bar here in Sacramento, California! I knew I had to make a card with a Tiki theme! And a giant cupcake?? And Hamsters?? It's all fantastic. I love this latest release. I had so much fun creating three cards to share with you today. Lots of color and lots of fun! Please visit me on my blog sometime! You can find me over at A Blog Called Wanda, and on Instagram. Let's get started with some cards. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tiki Time Tropical Scenes Card by Wanda Guessv

First up is a tropical oasis Tiki Bar out in the jungle! This is a big square card that measures 5.25" x 5.25" made from white cardstock. I layered pretty Sunny Studio patterned paper and then ink blended the top layer with Distress Inks. I think I used 5-6 stamp sets to make this one. I love that about Sunny Studio - all the stamp sets work together so nicely. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tiki Time Tropical Scenes Card by Wanda Guess

I featured the Tiki Time stamp set and then added elements like the flamingo and that little crab and some palm trees from other sets. I used the Tropical Scenes stamp set for the top piece. I stamped and die cut out all the pieces first and designed my card layout. Then I colored everything with Copic Markers and added bits of white gel pen accents and a little bit of glitter! I die cut a kraft hillside/ground and ink blended it to look like sand.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tiki Time Tropical Scenes Card by Wanda Guess

All the elements are attached to the card with foam tape. What a fun card to make! I wish I was inside this card right now having a cocktail with those cute critters! (Our local Tiki Bar is called The Jungle Bird, so that is what inspired me!)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cupcake Shape Die Frilly Frame Dies Card by Wanda Guess

Next up is a big giant cupcake birthday card. This card base is A2 size made from white cardstock. I layered patterned papers in pink polka dots and used the Frilly Frames Stripes die set to make the pretty layer. I used the Cupcake Shape Die and made the bottom from Kraft cardstock. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cupcake Shape Die Frilly Frame Dies Card by Wanda Guess

The cupcake part and the frosting were die cut from white cardstock. I colored the frosting and the wrapper with Copic Markers in pink and brown. I die cut the cherry from gingham paper and used the candle flame as a leaf for the cherry. The sentiment is from the Two Scoops stamp set and I layered it with some scalloped circles.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cupcake Shape Die Frilly Frame Dies Card by Wanda Guess

Finally I added little hearts and sprinkles with Doodlebug accents. I also splashed on some white paint because I really like that look. It's hard to see in the photo, but I also splashed on some silver paint and white shimmer paint. This would be a great birthday card for someone of any age!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Hamsters Card by Wanda Guess

Lastly today is a fun, clean and simple designed card made with those Happy Hamsters! What an adorable stamp set! This finished card is slightly smaller than A2 because those images are small. I like the scale of a slightly smaller card base for that reason. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Hamsters Card by Wanda Guess

I stamped and die cut out the hamsters and their wheel. Then I colored everything with Copics. I layered those pretty stripes in teal and then matched my Copic coloring to the Striped Silly patterned paper color. Everything is attached to the card with foam tape. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Hamsters Card by Wanda Guess

I wrapped a bit of brown twine across the top to just add a little texture. I wheelie love them! Don't you?! Did you have a pet hamster as a kid? I did - and this brought me back to those happy memories.

Big thanks to Mendi for having me as a guest! I'm very blessed that she always invites me back! Take care and happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
 

Two Scoop Stamps
Two Scoop Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Hamsters Stamps
Happy Hamsters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Hamsters Dies
Happy Hamsters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tiki Time Stamps
Tiki Time Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tiki Time Dies
Tiki Time Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cupcake Shape Dies
Cupcake Shape Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Dies
Tropical Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Delightful cards by Wanda! I love the fun Tiki Bar scene, with so many awesome details to the scene and beautiful coloring too! Adorable cupcake and hamsters cards also!

    ReplyDelete