Thursday, July 22, 2021

Cupcake Shaped Die Focused Cards with Anja and Vanessa

Hello everyone, Anja here today sharing a fun shaped birthday card made with the Cupcake Shape Dies. Who wouldn't want to receive a big yummy cupcake like this?!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cupcake Shape Die Slimline Dies Woodsy Autumn Birthday Card by Anja Bytyqi

These dies are so easy to work with! First, I cut out the base from white cardstock. The cupcake pieces were cut from Bristol smooth cardstock, Kraft cardstock and Gingham patterned paper (Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper).

I went with some sort of Vanilla frosting and blended on a bit of Antique Linen Distress Oxide Ink. I also added tiny ink splatters with a paint brush. Next, I inked the edges of the cake portion die-cut with Frayed Burlap and splattered on lots of ink to create texture. The die for the wrapper piece creates some fine lines which I enhanced with Copic Markers.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cupcake Shape Die Slimline Dies Woodsy Autumn Birthday Card by Anja Bytyqi

To decorate the cupcake wrapper, I stamped the adorable baking fox from the Woodsy Autumn set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I masked off the original pie and replaced it with a little cupcake included in the Party Pups set. I colored the image as well as the cherry die-cut with Copics. I fussy cut the fox and applied a thick layer of Glossy Accents to the red part of the cherry to make it look shiny and dimensional.

I die cut the word 'congrats' from the Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies set out of turquoise glitter cardstock and adhered it to the frosting. The birthday sentiment (Sealiously Sweet Stamps) was stamped in VersaMark Ink onto black cardstock strips and I heat embossed it in white. Finally, I popped up the fox with foam tape.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Wishing you a sweet day!

------------------------------------------------

Hello to you! Vanessa here with a cute unicorn card using the Cupcake Shape Dies. I can't tell you how much I love this die! Here I created a card for my girl's birthday, no stamping included this time:

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cupcake Shape Die Loopy Letter Dies Botanical Backdrop Dies Birthday Card by Vanessa Menhorn

First, I created a card base from two large cupcake silhouettes. Now I die-cut the cupcake shapes from white cardstock, colored them with Copic markers and adhered them to the card. I die-cut the candle from gold cardstock, rounded the bottom and adhered it upside down for the horn. Then I die-cut the flowers and leaves from Botanical Backdrop Die from white cardstock, colored them with Copics and adhered the pieces to the cupcake, popping-up some elements with foam tape.

Supplies:
Cupcake Shape Dies
Botanical Backdrop Die
Loopy Letters Dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cupcake Shape Die Loopy Letter Dies Botanical Backdrop Dies Birthday Card by Vanessa Menhorn

The ears of my unicorn are made with the leaves dies and simply colored differently. Finally, I die-cut the 13, the eyes (made with the leaves die again) and the lashes (the stripes from the candle) from black cardstock and adhered everything.

I love how this turned out, exactly what I had in mind! I hope this inspires you to take a closer look at your supplies and see what you can make of them :) Thanks for stopping by!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Cupcake Shape Dies
Cupcake Shape Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Party Pups Stamps
Party Pups Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Party Pups Dies
Party Pups Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Loopy Letters Dies
Loopy Letters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Botanical Backdrop Die
Botanical Backdrop Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woodsy Autumn Stamps
Woodsy Autumn Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woodsy Autumn Dies
Woodsy Autumn Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That unicorn cupcake might be one of the most creative things I’ve ever seen! Brilliant!!!! Def going to try this! Awesome job!!! 👏

    ReplyDelete