Monday, August 5, 2024

Wild Cherry Die Focused Card with Leanne

Hi there! Leanne here sharing a cherryful card today. I simply could not resist adding the fun play on words to my card featuring how I've used the Wild Cherry dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wild Cherry Die Focused Card by Leanne West (featuring Punny Fruit Greetings, Hayley Alphabet Dies, Frilly Frame Dies)

This A2 card design is very easy to make. I started by creating a soft minty background with scalloped edge detail. To get this detail, I used the Frilly Frame Hexagon die to create a mask that covers the edges of the card front and then I applied the ink in the negative space. The minty aqua color is Catherine Pooler Hot Tub. 

I die cut 7 cherries, stems, and leaves from white card stock. I used small blending brushes and the following Catherine Pooler inks to color: Peppermint Scrub for the cherries, Matcha + Spruce for the leaves, Over Coffee for the stems. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wild Cherry Die Focused Card by Leanne West (featuring Punny Fruit Greetings, Hayley Alphabet Dies, Frilly Frame Dies)

I arranged the cherries along the bottom half of the card front so I'd have room above them to add a custom greeting. The stamped part of the sentiment are words included in the Punny Fruit Greetings stamp set. I used the Hayley Lower Case Alphabet dies to cut out letters that spell "cherryful". I cut the letters from white card stock and colored with a combo of Peppermint Scrub and Merlot CP inks. To finish this design I added a few green sequins scattered around the greeting area. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hayley Lowercase Alphabet Dies
Hayley Lowercase Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Punny Fruit Greetings
Punny Fruit Greetings
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wild Cherry Dies
Wild Cherry Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment