Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Designer's Choice: Summer Greenery Card with Tina

Hi crafty friends, it’s Tina and today we are using a custom-made frame as the base for our fun design.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Greenery & Tropical Birds Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Big Bold Greetings, Frilly Frame Dies, Limitless Labels Dies

As in most of my cards, I made a white card base and then worked on my background panel. This time, I used the outer die from Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace which has a lovely delicate scalloped edge. To give more interest to this piece, I used a striped stencil from my stash and Distress Oxide Speckled Egg. I love this nice, muted color! Next, I glued this striped panel to the card base.

I used the same Oxide shade for my tropical leaves (Summer Greenery) as well as Twisted Citron and Peacock Feathers. These three colors work very well together in creating a tropical vibe!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Greenery & Tropical Birds Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Big Bold Greetings, Frilly Frame Dies, Limitless Labels Dies

My focal frame was cut from white card stock using the two largest dies from Limitless Labels 1.  I mounted this frame with narrow foam tape to the striped panel. It helps to remove the backing from the foam first so you can bend it easily to follow the curved shape. I selected two cuties from the Tropical Birds set and colored them with my Copics in vibrant  colors that would contrast with my background elements.

My sentiment was selected from the Big Bold Greetings set and stamped in a pink ink from my stash. Then, I could start building the scene, starting with the tropical leaves in different shades of blue and green. I layered them in opposite corners on the label frame. Next, I put the sweet birds in place and ended with adhering the large sentiment. It filled up the remaining space in the frame nicely! To match the pink birds, I added a few pink Pastel Jewels to the leaves.

I had a lot of fun creating this sweet card and I hope to see your creations soon! Thank you for joining me and happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Greenery Die
Summer Greenery Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Bold Greetings Stamps
Big Bold Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Bold Greetings Dies
Big Bold Greetings Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Birds Stamps
Tropical Birds Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Birds Dies
Tropical Birds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Limitless Labels 1 Dies
Limitless Labels 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable! Thank you for having a SUMMER card and not rushing past the end of summer to Halloween and Thanksgiving ... or beyond! I'm a little breathless at all the emphasis on fall this week! This birdie card is adorable!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete