Friday, August 2, 2024

Scalloped Square Die Focused Card with Nicky

Hello everyone this is Nicky with you today on the blog where I'm sharing a new card featuring the Scalloped Square 2 Large Dies. Please read on for all the details.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scalloped Square Die Focused Birthday Cat Card by Nicky Meeks

I took some sturdy white cardstock and die cut using the largest die from the Scalloped Square 2 Large Dies set. I then took the smallest die from the same set and die cut 4 smaller squares. I masked just inside the faux stitched line of each of the 4 small squares and ink blended using The Stamp Market inks in Fresh Pink, Minty, Sunshine and Breeze. I removed the masks, backed each square with foam tape and applied them to the large panel that I'd created.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scalloped Square Die Focused Birthday Cat Card by Nicky Meeks

I stamped the images from Birthday Cat using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa and I coloured with the following Copic marker combinations:

Cat (top left) - E44, E43, E41, W00
Cat (top right) - C3, C1, C0
Cat (lower right) - E31, E41, W00
Cat (lower left) - W4, W3, W2
Pink - RV63, RV02, RV00
Blue - BG01, BG00
Yellow - Y19, Y13, Y06
Green - BG32, BG11, G000

I fussy cut the images but you can purchase the coordinating Birthday Cat dies. I backed each image with foam tape and I applied to each of the backgrounds.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scalloped Square Die Focused Birthday Cat Card by Nicky Meeks

I highlighted a few points with a white gel pen including dotting in some interest to the colour blended backgrounds. I applied the panel to a larger panel of cream cardstock with a layer of white craft foam sandwiched in between and I stamped the sentiment on a sentiment strip and applied this with a double layer of dimensional tape behind it so that it popped up between the feature squares. Lots of dimension with this project!

Thank you for coming by to read the blog today, I'll be back next Friday with something new.  Have a great weekend!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Birthday Cat Stamps
Birthday Cat Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Square 2 Large Die
Scalloped Square 2 Large Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Love the frilly look of these, and really, what could be more adorable than a kitty in a cupcake?! Great card!

    ReplyDelete