Sunday, August 4, 2024

Tropical Birds Card with Cathy

Hey friends! Cathy here today and I’m excited to share a tropical rainforest scene card featuring the adorable toucans from the Tropical Birds Stamps!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Birds Summer Themed Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Fancy Frame Dies, Stitched Oval Dies, Radiant Plumeria, Frilly Frame Dies, Summer Greenery Dies)

This was such a fun card to make! First, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using the frame portion of the Frilly Frames Quatrefoil Dies and inked it with Tumbled Glass Distress ink on the right and left sides. I then inked towards the center of the panel with Salvaged Patina and Peacock Feathers Distress ink and adhered it to an A2 card front.

For the waterfall background, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using the largest Stitched Oval Die and inked the bottom 3/4" of the oval with Peacock Feathers, Salvaged Patina and a slight amount of Mowed Lawn Distress inks. I very lightly inked the right and left sides of the oval above the water with Simon Says Stamp Celery ink. I then colored the waterfall in the center of the oval (about a 1 1/4" wide section) using long streaks of Copic markers (BG49, BG34, BG23, BG13, BG11, BG10) leaving some white showing between the streaks. For the spray where the waterfall meets the pool below, I repeatedly dabbed a white paint pen. To complete the scene, I stamped 2 rocks from the Ocean View Stamps in a light gray ink for no-line coloring. I colored them with Copics (E44, E43, E42, E41, N1, N0), fussy cut them out and adhered them on each side of the waterfall.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Birds Summer Themed Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Fancy Frame Dies, Stitched Oval Dies, Radiant Plumeria, Frilly Frame Dies, Summer Greenery Dies)

Next, I die-cut a piece of black cardstock using the largest Fancy Frames Oval Dies, adhered the waterfall scene centered on the frame and adhered the combined piece to the card front.

To finish, I die-cut leaves from black cardstock using the Summer Greenery Dies and adhered them to both sides of the oval. I stamped monstera leaves from the Radiant Plumeria Stamps and die-cut them using the coordinating dies. I stamped the images from the Tropical Birds Stamps on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock, colored them with Copics and die-cut them using the coordinating dies. I heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder on a strip of black cardstock.

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames- Ovals
Fancy Frames- Ovals
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Oval Dies
Stitched Oval Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Radiant Plumeria Stamps
Radiant Plumeria Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Radiant Plumeria Dies
Radiant Plumeria Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Ocean View Stamps
Ocean View Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Greenery Die
Summer Greenery Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Birds Stamps
Tropical Birds Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Birds Dies
Tropical Birds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Oh Cathy, this is amazing! The waterfall looks fantastic but you make it sound so simple to recreate, and your coloring all around is great. I especially love all the added touches of black, it really sets every other color off so beautifully. I would never have thought to add in the black leaves but they are a real wow factor. Love love love this card!!

    ReplyDelete