Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Mermaid Kisses Card with Tina

Hello crafters, it’s Tina and today I am creating an underwater scene with one of the cute mermaids from the Mermaid Kisses stamp and die set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Mermaid Kisses Ocean Themed Birthday Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Stitched Arch Dies, Catch A Wave Dies, Tropical Scenes, Dotted Diamond Dies)

I started with a white card base and added a layer of white card stock which was cut with the outer die from Frilly Frames Stripes die and embellished with the Dotted Diamonds Portrait dieThe card panel consists of a Stitched Arch cut from white paper, divided into three wave parts (Catch A Wave dies) and colored with blue inks from my stash. After cutting another arch, I used this one as my base to attach the wave parts. Then it was time to stamp the sentiment from Mermaid Kisses directly to the top of this panel using Versafine Onyx Black ink.

I wanted my mermaid to rest on the sea bottom surrounded by beautiful corals so I stamped the ocean scene from Tropical Scenes and used the matching die to cut it out. To give it the ‘arch shape’ I used the largest Stitched Arch once more. After stamping and die cutting the mermaid and cute fish from Mermaid Kisses, I used my Copics to color all the images including the coral scene in vibrant tones.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Mermaid Kisses Ocean Themed Birthday Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Stitched Arch Dies, Catch A Wave Dies, Tropical Scenes, Dotted Diamond Dies)

Next, I added foam tape to this ocean border and mounted it to the bottom of the waves panel. Thereafter, this panel was adhered to the white diamond background. Finally, I added the fish, mermaid with crown, starfish, and seashells to the scene. I love finishing a card with some embellishments and today I chose the beautiful Iridescent Jewels.

Thank you for joining me and I am looking forward to seeing your gorgeous creations with these sweet mermaids! Happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Catch A Wave Dies
Catch A Wave Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Dies
Tropical Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Arch Dies
Stitched Arch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Dotted Diamond Portrait
Dotted Diamond Portrait
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mermaid Kisses Stamps
Mermaid Kisses Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mermaid Kisses Dies
Mermaid Kisses Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment