Friday, August 9, 2024

Sliding Window Die Focused Card with Nicky

Hello there, this is Nicky with you today on the Sunny Studio blog and I'm sharing a fun Sliding Window Dies interactive card that uses a number of Sunny's products. Please read on for the details.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sliding Window Die Focused Big Panda Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Mini Grass Borders Dies, Beautiful Bluebells, Lovey Dovey)

If you've never made a sliding window card before I think my best advice would be for you to visit the Sunny Studio You Tube Channel and here's a LINK to a tutorial. You can probably start at around 10 mins 30 seconds to jump straight to how to make one. Additionally you can also search Sunny's You Tube channel for further sliding window card tutorials made by the design team over the years.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sliding Window Die Focused Big Panda Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Mini Grass Borders Dies, Beautiful Bluebells, Lovey Dovey)

To make my card I started by selecting my patterned papers which would work together. The pink cardstock is from Gingham Pastels 6x6 Cardstock and the green cardstock is something old from my stash and I used the Sliding Window Dies to create all of the different panels necessary to construct the card. Since patterned cardstock can be on the thinner side I decided to always back a panel of patterned paper with a panel of regular cardstock, gluing it down very thoroughly before tackling the die-cutting. This builds a sturdy card that can stand up to lots of opening and closing and it also feels nice and substantial to handle.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sliding Window Die Focused Big Panda Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Mini Grass Borders Dies, Beautiful Bluebells, Lovey Dovey)

With the card now formed, I set about making the decorative panel on the front using the Big Panda stamps and coordinating dies. I stamped in black ink and coloured the sweet Panda image using Copic markers in T7, T6, T5, T4, T3 and T2 together with C3, C1 C0 and C00 for the white parts and I blushed the cheeks with RV04, RV02 and RV00. I die cut the image and gave the panda a heart to hold. This heart as well as the flowers you see in the gingham grass were made using the Gift Card Envelope Dies. I created two grass panels using the Mini Grass Border Dies and glued in place, I then attached the panda to the window slider but only adhering at the bottom so that it would pop up freely and I added the simple die cut flowers to the grass.

To fill out the scene a little more I did a bit of layered stamping using the Beautiful Bluebells stamp set. I die cut the images using the coordinating dies and inserted the blooms around the Panda to add some next level cuteness. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sliding Window Die Focused Big Panda Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Mini Grass Borders Dies, Beautiful Bluebells, Lovey Dovey)

Finally, and to complete the card I highlighted a few points with a white gel pen and I stamped the 'You Are So Lovely' sentiment from Lovey Dovey plus some of the heart images from the same set on the inside of the window. I glued a few sparkling clear sequins to the card and I chose to attach the decorative window panel to a regular card base so that a longer message could be hand written inside and it gives the recipient the opportunity to stand the card up the normal way and with the window closed or to lay it down and open the window exposing the inside message. It's always nice to have options!

I'll be back next Friday with something new so I hope to see you back here again a week from now.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Sliding Window Dies
Sliding Window Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lovey Dovey Stamps
Lovey Dovey Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beautiful Bluebells Stamps
Beautiful Bluebells Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beautiful Bluebells Dies
Beautiful Bluebells Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gift Card Envelope Die
Gift Card Envelope Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Grass Border Dies
Mini Grass Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Panda Stamps
Big Panda Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Panda Dies
Big Panda Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Amazing design. I will check out the video for the how-to. Adorable concept and bear... terrific colors.
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete