Friday, August 30, 2024

Brilliant Banner 3 Die Focused Card with Nicky

Hello everyone this is Nicky with you today on the Sunny Studio blog with a new card featuring new products from the latest release, which is all available for purchase.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Brilliant Banner 3 Die Focused Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Crisp Apple Dies, Punny Apple Greetings, Stitched Oval Dies)

I started by creating a layer of panels starting with kraft cardstock then a slightly smaller white panel and then slightly smaller again using a patterned sheet from the Sweater Weather 6 x 6 Paper. I glued these together and then adhered the stack to a prepared card base.

Next up, I die cut the oval using the Stitched Oval 2 Die and I ink blended the focal point using Distress Oxide Ink in Spun Sugar. I backed the oval with some white craft foam and glued it to the patterned background.

I die cut the different parts of the Brilliant Banner 3 Die from white cardstock. I adhered the pieces together and then stamped the sentiment from Punny Apple Greetings using 'Lipstick' Ink from The Stamp Market. I backed the sentiment strip/banner with dimensional foam tape and adhered it to the bottom of the oval.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Brilliant Banner 3 Die Focused Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Crisp Apple Dies, Punny Apple Greetings, Stitched Oval Dies)

Using sturdy white cardstock and the Crisp Apple Die, I die cut all the different parts to form the apples and apple slices. I used the Lipstick ink again to ink blend red parts and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide Ink (used sparingly sometimes) to ink blend the green parts. I assembled and glued together the different parts and then backed them with dimensional foam tape and arranged them, tucking them behind the banner and building up and out until it looked balanced and finishing with a small apple under the banner for an accent.

For the finishing touch I adhered water droplet style embellishments in place which I thought felt right with the Crisp Apple slices and with that this card was complete.

I appreciate you taking the time to read about my card today and hope you have a wonderful weekend. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Oval 2 Dies
Stitched Oval 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sweater Weather Paper
Sweater Weather Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Punny Apple Greetings
Punny Apple Greetings
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Brilliant Banner 3 Dies
Brilliant Banner 3 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Crisp Apple Dies
Crisp Apple Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment