Friday, August 16, 2024

Designer's Choice: Baby Elephant Card with Nicky

Happy Friday! This is Nicky with you today on the Sunny Studio blog and I'm sharing a sweet Baby Elephants shaker card for a new baby. Read on for all the details.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Baby Elephant Shaker Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Fancy Frame Dies, Fluffy Cloud Dies, Dotted Diamond Dies)

To create the card I first made the background panel. For this I took a white A2 panel of sturdy white cardstock and I ink blended using Blush Pink Ink by The Stamp Market and blended the panel gradually making it paler towards the top. I then die cut with the Dotted Diamond Portrait Die.

At this point I slid the panel sideways into a stamp storage pocket and I reached for my stash of sequins and other embellishments and I created a sweet girly mix of pastels and carefully tipped these inside the pocket on the inked side of the panel. I then trimmed back the excess of the stamp pocket to about 1 inch of overhang and then folded and wrapped it around the back of the panel and secured with ScorPal tape on the reverse. The beauty of this kind of shaker card is that the shaker contents move about freely and don't stick to the edges.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Baby Elephant Shaker Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Fancy Frame Dies, Fluffy Cloud Dies, Dotted Diamond Dies)

I stuck this shaker panel to my card base and then created a white frame using the Fancy Frames Rectangle Dies and I stuck this down on the surface of the shaker.

I stamped the images from Baby Elephants and coloured with Copic markers in W4, W3, W2, W1. I die cut some clouds using the Fluffy Clouds Dies and Copic coloured those with C3, C1, B000, BG0000. I die cut the images using the coordinating Baby Elephants Dies, then attached them to the surface of the shaker where they appear to float nicely.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Baby Elephant Shaker Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Fancy Frame Dies, Fluffy Cloud Dies, Dotted Diamond Dies)

I reserved two clouds and stamped the sentiments on them and then attached them and I highlighted points with a white gel pen before adding the finishing touch  which was the addition of several Iridescent Star Jewels. I used glue dots to attach these and then this baby card was done.

I appreciate you reading about my card today and I'll be back soon with cards for Sunny's forthcoming release. Thanks and have a wonderful weekend.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fluffy Clouds Dies
Fluffy Clouds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Baby Elephants Stamps
Baby Elephants Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Baby Elephants Dies
Baby Elephants Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Dotted Diamond Portrait
Dotted Diamond Portrait
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my stars! This is SO stinking cute!!!!!!! I just love elephants and they make such adorable baby cards. GREAT project!!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete