Sunday, August 11, 2024

Designer's Choice: Tropical Birds Card with Cathy

Hey friends! Cathy here today and I couldn’t resist sharing another card featuring the Tropical Birds Stamps!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Birds Friendship Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Circle Snowflake Frame Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Punny Fruit Greetings, Summer Greenery Dies)

I started with the background panel by die-cutting a piece of white cardstock using a Stitched Rectangle Die. I inked the top half lightly with Spun Sugar Distress ink and the bottom half with Simon Says Stamp Celery ink. I splattered a little watered down Dr. Ph Martin’s Bleed Proof White with a fan brush and adhered the panel to an A2 card front.

Next, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using the Snowflake Circle Frame Die. I inked an ocean scene on the center portion of the die-cut. I inked a cloud stencil from my stash with Spun Sugar Distress ink at the top and inked the ocean with Simon Says Stamp Seafoam ink. I stamped the sentiment using stamps from the Punny Fruit Greetings Stamps and A Bird’s Life Stamps and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder for a little shine. I then adhered the frame approximately 1/2" from the top edge of the card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Birds Friendship Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Circle Snowflake Frame Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Punny Fruit Greetings, Summer Greenery Dies)

To finish, I die-cut leaves from white cardstock using the Summer Greenery Dies and inked them with Crushed Olive/Peeled Paint Distress inks and Simon Says Stamps Celery ink. I adhered them along the bottom of the circle frame. I stamped all images on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock, colored them with Copics and die-cut them using the coordinating dies. I used the following stamps/dies:

Tropical Birds Stamps/Dies

Tropical Scenes Stamps/Dies (palm trees)

I die-cut 4 flowers from white cardstock using the flower from the Strawberry Patch Dies, colored them with Copics and added them along the vine.

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

A Bird's Life Stamps
A Bird's Life Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowflake Circle Frame
Snowflake Circle Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Greenery Die
Summer Greenery Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Birds Stamps
Tropical Birds Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Birds Dies
Tropical Birds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Punny Fruit Greetings
Punny Fruit Greetings
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Strawberry Patch Dies
Strawberry Patch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and the birds are adorable! Love!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore these birds and I love the way you created this beautiful scene using them! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete