Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Crisp Apple & Wood Barrel Card with Amanda

Hey there, friends! It's Amanda here sharing a card I made using some of the New Release items! Although I love that this release has some fabulous Fall and Winter products, I'm really not ready for the weather to turn cold! Are you looking forward to it or hanging on to the summer, like me?! I am sharing this cheery card that will be perfect for the beginning of the school year! Every teacher deserves a handmade card in my book!  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Crisp Apple & Wood Barrel Teacher Appreciation Card by Amanda Fitterer (featuring Punny Apple Greetings)

To create this card, I started by swiping my Catherine Pooler Rockin' Red ink over some white card stock. Then, I die-cut some of the new Crisp Apple Dies. Once they were cut, I used Cranberry Fizz ink to make the edges darker. For the leaves, I used Melon Ice and the stems are Sand Castle.

Next, I die-cut the new Wood Barrel Dies. For the barrel, I used Copic markers to create even more dimension. I used C3, C5, and C7 for the metal bands. I used E30, E31, E34, and E35 for the wood. For my background, I trimmed a piece of paper from the Joyful Holiday Paper Pack to 4"x5.25". I adhered this paper to my A2 card base. 

Now for the tricky part ... Getting my apples in the barrel! I played around with them until I was happy with how they looked and then put 3D foam squares behind them. I also propped up my barrel with 3D foam tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Crisp Apple & Wood Barrel Teacher Appreciation Card by Amanda Fitterer (featuring Punny Apple Greetings)

Once I had my card looking good, I could create my sentiments! I used the new Punny Apple Greetings Stamp Set. I stamped the sentiments on black card stock using a WOW! Embossing Pad.  I applied white embossing powder and then melted the powder with my heat tool. I used a trimmer to cut the sentiments out and then applied foam tape to the backs of them. I adhered them to my card and then added some sequins for a little bit of extra fun!

I think my kiddo's teacher is going to love this card! I hope you enjoyed my card and feel inspired to make something crafty yourself now!

Thanks for stopping by the Sunny Studio Stamps blog today! Hope you have fun shopping the new goodies from the New Release!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Joyful Holiday Paper
Joyful Holiday Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Punny Apple Greetings
Punny Apple Greetings
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Crisp Apple Dies
Crisp Apple Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wood Barrel Dies
Wood Barrel Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. I just love all the Fall apples and this paper pack is cute too.

    ReplyDelete