Thursday, August 15, 2024

Designer's Choice: Clucky Chickens Card with Marine

Hello crafty friends, Marine here, I'm so happy to be back on the blog with this slimline card featuring the cutest chicken neighborhood. I've used the Clucky Chickens only one time since it was released, and that was so fun to color the chicks, baby chicks and hen houses again. And because we're about to turn into the fall season with a brand new release, I thought it'd be fun to make a transition and use some autumn colors on this card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Clucky Chickens Friendship Card by Marine Simon (featuring Seasonal Trees, Barnyard Buddies)

I started off by stamping all the images on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, I cut them all using the coordinating dies, and colored everything using my alcohol markers (Ohuhu, Graph'it and Spectrum Noir)

Here is a detailed list of the stamp sets I used: • Clucky Chickens - chicks, baby chicks, hen houses, hay • Seasonal Trees - trees, birdhouses, birds • Barnyard Buddies - fences • Bunnyville - grass.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Clucky Chickens Friendship Card by Marine Simon (featuring Seasonal Trees, Barnyard Buddies)

Next I cut an 8,5 x 3,5 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel that I colored using oxide inks. I divided my panel horizontally using washi tape, and created a very simple background: grass at the bottom using peeled paint and forest moss distress inks, and the sky at the top using salvaged patina and peacock feathers distress inks. I mixed some forest moss distress ink with water and used a small brush to add splatters to the grass sections, and did the same with peacock feathers distress ink to add splatters to the sky as well. And then I mixed some copic opaque white ink with water, and used my brush again to add splatters all over the panel.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Clucky Chickens Friendship Card by Marine Simon (featuring Seasonal Trees, Barnyard Buddies)

Once my panel was dry, I attached all the images using 1mm and 2mm foam squares, and added highlights and details to all of them using a white gel pen. I embossed my "Clucky to have you as my friend" greeting from Clucky Chickens in white on dark kraft cardstock, and  trimmed it into a banner that I attached on my panel using foam squares again.

And that's it! I hope you like this lovely little scene. Thanks so much for stopping by, and see you next time.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Barnyard Buddies Dies
Barnyard Buddies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Barnyard Buddies Stamps
Barnyard Buddies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seaonal Trees Dies
Seaonal Trees Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bunnyville Stamps
Bunnyville Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bunnyville Dies
Bunnyville Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Clucky Chickens Stamps
Clucky Chickens Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Clucky Chickens Dies
Clucky Chickens Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

3 comments: