Monday, October 31, 2022

Snowman Kisses Cards with Cathy and Bobbi

Hey friends! Cathy here today sharing a card today with my favorite non-traditional Holiday season colors. I love how well they worked with the Snowman Kisses Stamps giving it a playful, dreamy feel!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Snowman Kisses Winter Themed Holiday Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Holiday Greetings, Seasonal Trees, Slimline Dies)

I began inking the sky on a 4 1/4” x 5 1/2” piece of Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock using Saltwater Taffy, Speckled Egg and Evergreen Bough Distress inks. I splattered a little watered down white acrylic paint with a paintbrush and adhered this panel to an A2 card base. For the snow drifts, I cut 2 pieces of white cardstock (2” x 5 1/2" and 1 1/4" x 5 1/2") and die-cut the top edge of both pieces using a Slimline Nature Borders Die. I adhered these to the bottom of the card front.

Next, I heat embossed the Happy Holidays sentiment from the Holiday Greetings Stamps on white cardstock using Ranger Aqua Tinsel embossing powder and die-cut it using the coordinating dies. I also heat embossed snowflakes from the Snowman Kisses Stamps on Evergreen Bough inked cardstock, die-cut them with the coordinating dies and adhered them around the sky.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Snowman Kisses Winter Themed Holiday Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Holiday Greetings, Seasonal Trees, Slimline Dies)

I stamped all of the images on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock and colored them with Copics. I used 2 trees from the Seasonal Trees Stamps and their coordinating dies in my scene and added ornaments to one tree from the Cozy Christmas Stamps and coordinating dies. After adding the happy adorable snowmen from the Snowman Kisses Stamps, I decided to include a few little birdie friends from the Seasonal Trees Stamps. They all look so full of joy!

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.

--------------------------------------------------

Hi crafty friends! It’s Bobbi sharing a holiday card featuring the Snowman Kisses stamp set and coordinating diesThis stamp set just makes me happy. How cute are these snowmen?! I paired this set with the Scenic Route Stamps and coordinating dies and the Forest Trees Stencil set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Snowman Kisses Winter Themed Holiday Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Scenic Route, Forest Tree Stencils)

For this 5″ X 7″ card, I used a combination of pinks, lavenders and blue violets for this color story. I started with a card front panel and card base made from 80lb Neenah Solar White cardstock. I used the Forest Trees Stencil set to add trees to the background. Using a blending brush, I stenciled two layers of trees in Spun Sugar Distress Oxide Ink in the far background and Kitch Flamingo Distress Oxide Ink in the forest foreground. I ink blended Shaded Lilac and Broken China (very light touch) on the top of the front for the sky. I used my Gelly Roll white pen and my Copics to add white and blue-violet dots in the sky to make it look like snow is falling.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Snowman Kisses Winter Themed Holiday Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Scenic Route, Forest Tree Stencils)

Next, I stamped the snowmen and the Scenic Route scene, including the string of lights on separate cardstock and die cut them using their coordinating dies. I colored them using pinks, lavenders, purples and blue violets using Copic Markers:

Red-Violets: RV09, RV55, RV02, RV0
Violets: V09, V04, V12
Blue-Violet: BV000,
Yellow-Green: YG67, YG03
Cool Grays: C3, C1, and Black 100

In keeping with the color combination, I used blue-violet markers for all the shading around the snowmen and trees and for the falling snowflakes. The only exception to the colors listed above is the string of lights. I used bright and festive colors to color in the tiny light bulbs including yellow, orange, teal, etc.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Snowman Kisses Winter Themed Holiday Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Scenic Route, Forest Tree Stencils)

I attached the snowy hill image in the foreground and added the snowmen. Because my card is an A7 size versus A2, the string of lights do not reach from side to side on my card front.  To make them work, I hand drew some wood posts to attach the string lights to at the top to make it fit my wider card.  I placed the posts and lights in the scene and glued everything in place. I added white accents to the trees and more falling snow right on the snowmen and scene. Finally, I stamped the sentiment at the bottom to finish this holiday card.

Thanks for stopping by today. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Seasonal Trees Stamps
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seaonal Trees Dies
Seaonal Trees Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scenic Route Stamps
Scenic Route Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scenic Route Dies
Scenic Route Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Forest Trees Stencils
Forest Trees Stencils
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cozy Christmas Stamps
Cozy Christmas Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cozy Christmas Dies
Cozy Christmas Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Greetings Stamps
Holiday Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Greetings Dies
Holiday Greetings Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowman Kisses Stamps
Snowman Kisses Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowman Kisses Dies
Snowman Kisses Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. These are both just delicious! So sweet!
    TFS - Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete