Saturday, October 29, 2022

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cozy Christmas Cards with Anja Bytyqi

Hi everyone, Anja here with you today. I'm so happy to be back again as a guest on the Sunny Studio Blog. Today I'm showcasing the wonderful Cozy Christmas Stamps from the latest Holiday Release.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cozy Christmas Holiday Card by Anja Bytyqi (featuring Stitched Rectangle Dies)

On my first sample, I used the stamps for a non-holiday card and created a sweet little living room scene.

First, I started off with a white A2 card base and die cut the largest of the Stitched Rectangle Dies from light blue cardstock. In the next step, I die cut the stitched scalloped mat from the Mini Mat & Tag 3 Dies set out of white cardstock. I masked off the scallop border as well as the stitching and did some ink blending with Distress Oxide Inks. For the wall background, I blended on Tattered Rose and a little bit of Saltwater Taffy. The floor was done in Pumice Stone. I let it dry completely and stamped one of the Penguin Party sentiments in VersaMark Ink. I heat embossed it with Ranger Platinum Embossing Powder. For a bit of dimension, I popped up the scalloped mat with foam tape.

Next, I stamped the images in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with Copic markers. I used the coordinating dies to cut everything out. On the armchair, I did some Paper Piecing with blue gingham paper from the Joyful Holiday Paper Pack. I also created a little rug from a piece of Flirty Flowers patterned paper. Finally, I assembled the scene by adhering the images and floral rug with liquid glue and adding a red enamel heart next to the heat embossed sentiment.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cozy Christmas Holiday Card by Anja Bytyqi (featuring Stitched Oval Dies)

The second sample just had to be a holiday card and I really wanted to use the comfy sofa.

I created a landscape A2 card base from white cardstock and covered the front with a striped Joyful Holiday paper. I cut the largest of the Stitched Oval 2 Dies from white cardstock. I also used it on a piece of woodgrain patterned paper (Subtle Grey Tones Paper Pack) and a thin white cardstock strip. In the background, I did some faded ink blending with Tumbled Glass and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide Ink. Then, I adhered the woodgrain floor and white strip to the bottom half of the oval. I stamped the sentiment on top using aqua blue pigment ink.

The images were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic markers. I paper pieced the pillows and cut everything out with the coordinating dies. I adhered the images to finish off the scene and applied some Crystal Stickles to the white parts of the christmas tree decor.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a cozy weekend!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Flirty Flowers 6x6 Paper
Flirty Flowers 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Oval 2 Dies
Stitched Oval 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cozy Christmas Stamps
Cozy Christmas Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cozy Christmas Dies
Cozy Christmas Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Party Stamps
Penguin Party Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Mat & Tag 3 Dies
Mini Mat & Tag 3 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Joyful Holiday Paper
Joyful Holiday Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment