Saturday, October 15, 2022

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Gladys Marcelino

Hello friends! Gladys here and I'm so happy to be back on the blog to share my projects using Sunny Studio's holiday stamps from the Fall & Winter 2022 release.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Party Holiday by Gladys Marcelino

For my first project I created a fun pattern background using the adorable set called Penguin Party. Oh my goodness these penguins are so cute and I couldn't just one of them. There are also small accessories in this set and I thought it would be fun to fill the scene with. I cut a piece of Neenah 110lb white cardstock slightly smaller than A2 size, which is 1/4" less from each side. Then I used my MISTI to stamp the images all over the panel. I think having a stamp positioner tool is helpful in this case to achieve that nice bold outline and to be able to stamp multiple images at one time. After stamping I colored them using copic markers. I used a few colors than I normally do and I really like how it turned out.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Party Holiday by Gladys Marcelino

Once the coloring was done I felt it needed a few more smaller images. When I saw the snowflakes from Snowman Kisses I knew they would be perfect. I adhered the panel onto a pink cardstock for some contrast before mounting it on pattern paper to give a nice border. I heat embossed the sentiment and used foam tape to give it dimension. Finally I added white pearlescent jewels on the centers of the snowflakes to finish off my card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Snowman Kisses Holiday Tags by Gladys Marcelino (featuring Mini Mat & Tag Dies)

For my second project I created holiday tags using the Snowman Kisses stamp set and Mini Mat & Tag 3 dies. I had so much fun creating these shaker tags. First I stamped and colored 3 of the snowman with copic markers. Then I used the coordinating dies to cut them out.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Snowman Kisses Holiday Tags by Gladys Marcelino (featuring Mini Mat & Tag Dies)

Next I cut the gift tag with window from pattern paper once and white cardstock multiple times. I used the base of the gift tag to cut from acetate and Bristol smooth cardstock so I could ink blend the background using distress oxide inks. I added my shaker elements using glitter and iridescent stars. Then I heat embossed the sentiments on colored cardstock and looped it through the twine to complete my tags.

I hope you enjoyed my projects and found some inspiration! Thank you so much for joining me and if you would like to see more of my cards please check out my Instagram @crafty_mochi. Have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Penguin Party Stamps
Penguin Party Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Party Dies
Penguin Party Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowman Kisses Stamps
Snowman Kisses Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowman Kisses Dies
Snowman Kisses Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Mat & Tag 3 Dies
Mini Mat & Tag 3 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment