Monday, October 10, 2022

Cozy Christmas Cards with Bobbi and Cathy

There’s nothing better than decorating our house for the holidays. It’s Bobbi here and my family goes all out for the holidays. We put up four holiday trees and each one has a theme. We fill the couch with festive pillows and add holiday décor everywhere. It should be no surprise that I had fun decorating this card’s 5″ X 7″ interior space, too. Today’s card features the new Cozy Christmas stamps and dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cozy Christmas Holiday Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Autumn Tree Dies)

My card  is one of those unsuspecting cards where the outside is simple and clean and the inside is full of festive fun. I used the chair, pillow, table, lamp, picture and cat on the front, grounding all the elements with a simple gray, oval shadow at the bottom. I stamped the phrase, “Be comfy and cozy” right below the sweet vignette to finish the front.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cozy Christmas Holiday Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Autumn Tree Dies)

Inside the card, I created a holiday indoor scene using the furniture, holiday tree, presents, and animals from the set. I love the look of buffalo plaid in the wintertime so I colored this rustic plaid design on the couch and chair and added red pillows to dress them up.

To create the interior scene, I used a pattern paper for a wallpapered wall background. It’s a simple stripe from the Subtle Grey Tones 6″ X 6″ paper pack. Because the pattern paper is only 6″ wide, I added a 1/2″ strip on both sides to cover the full 7″ card width. I wanted it to look like a warm and cozy cabin inside so I colored the strips to look like natural stone pillars. I also created a warm-toned wood floor for the scene. 


I used the following Copic Sketch Marker colors:

Wood floor: E57, E55, E43 and E42 Copic Sketch Markers and a black fine-tip marker
Stone pillars: YR30, C7, C5, C3, C1, W7, W5, W3, W1, T3, T1 and 100
Buffalo Plaid furniture and lamp: 100, C7, C5, C3, C1
Wood furniture/picture: E59, E57, E55, R29
Christmas tree: YG67, YG63, YG17, YG0
Kitty and Bears: E55, E53, E50, R89, R29, R14, YG17, YG03


Sunny Studio Stamps: Cozy Christmas Holiday Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Autumn Tree Dies)

To finish the interior space, I added a red rug to ground the furniture and warm up the floor. I also made a wreath for the wall. To make the wreath I used the Autumn Tree dies and cut the tiny leaves from green cardstock and glued them on the wall in a circular shape. I hand colored some red berries and drew a string bow for the wreath, too. The room is now warm, cozy and decorated for Christmas!


Thanks for stopping by today. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign.


--------------------------------------------------------


Hey friends! Cathy here today with a little cozy cuteness to share! I just love all the scene building elements in the Cozy Christmas Stamps and this adorable little penguin looks right at home.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cozy Christmas Holiday Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Penguin Party, Reindeer Games, Frilly Frame Dies, Winter Greenery)
 

I started by die-cutting the frame portion of the Frilly Frames Lattice Die from gray cardstock and adhering it to a white A2 card base. For a little pop of red around my scene, I die-cut the frame again from red cardstock and adhered the scallop bits inside the gray frame. Next, I cut a piece of white cardstock 3 1/4” x 4 1/2". I cut a piece of patterned paper from the Sweater Weather Paper 1” x 4 1/2", heat embossed the sentiment in white embossing powder and adhered it to the bottom of the white cardstock. I cut a piece of patterned paper 2 1/2” x 4 1/2" from the Subtle Grey Tones Paper and adhered it to the top of the white cardstock slightly overlapping the paper below.

 

For the window in my scene, I stamped some trees from the Country Scenes Stamps on Neenah 80lb Classic Crest solar white cardstock, colored it with Copics and cut the piece to 1” square. I die-cut the window from the Sweet Treat House Add-on and adhered the 1” square to the back. I also die-cut a bow from the Sweet Treat House Add-on, colored it with Copics and adhered it to the top of the window for a little extra Christmas cheer.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Cozy Christmas Holiday Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Penguin Party, Reindeer Games, Frilly Frame Dies, Winter Greenery)
 

I stamped all the images on Neenah 80lb Classic Crest solar white cardstock, colored them with Copics and fussy cut them out. I combined stamps from the Cozy Christmas StampsPenguin Party Stamps and the Reindeer Games Stamps. The Santa hat from the Reindeer Games Stamps fits the little kitty just perfect!

 

To finish it off, I die-cut the holly and berries from the Winter Greenery Dies, colored them with Copics and adhered them to the top of the card.

 

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Frilly Frames Lattice Dies
Frilly Frames Lattice Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sweet Treats House Add-on
Sweet Treats House Add-on
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Scenes Stamps
Country Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Greenery DIes
Winter Greenery DIes
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sweater Weather Paper
Sweater Weather Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cozy Christmas Stamps
Cozy Christmas Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cozy Christmas Dies
Cozy Christmas Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Party Stamps
Penguin Party Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Party Dies
Penguin Party Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Reindeer Games Stamps
Reindeer Games Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Reindeer Games Dies
Reindeer Games Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Autumn Tree Die
Autumn Tree Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment