Monday, October 24, 2022

Penguin Party Cards with Bobbi and Cathy

Hi there. It’s Bobbi here with a festive load of cuteness to share. I’m using the new Penguin Party stamp set and coordinating die set and let me tell you, there are a whole lot of cute penguins in this set! I couldn’t choose my favorite so I used almost all of them on my one-layer card today. These little guys are so festive that you’ll want to add them to all your holiday gift tags and greetings.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Party Holiday Card by Bobbi Lemanski

To make this 5″ X 7″ card, I started by stamping all my penguins on my 5″ X 7″ card front panel cut from 80lb Neenah Solar Crest white cardstock. I used the same cardstock for my card base, too. I stamped all the penguins at once using my MISTI stamp tool, positioning them in clean columns and rows, along with a sentiment from the set. You can make lots of these one-layer cards for the holidays once you have the stamps in place on your MISTI grid. Just ink up and stamp over and over.  It’s so easy and great for mass production of cards for the holidays.

I colored the penguins on the card front in shades of red, pink and green to contrast with the penguins’ colors of black and white. To make the penguins stand out, I added shading to their bodies and around each image using cool grays to make them “pop” off the page. This is a great trick when you are creating one-layer cards. The shadowing creates the look of dimension on the flat surface. 


Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Party Holiday Card by Bobbi Lemanski

Here are the Copic Sketch Marker colors I used:
Reds: R29, R17, R14
Greens: YG67, YG17, YG 13, YG03
Pinks: RV55, RV02
Oranges: YR09, YR68, YR15 (for beaks and feet)
Cool Grays: 100, C8, C7, C5, C3, C1, C0 (for penguin bodies and shadowing)
Plus, a Gelly Roll White Gel pen for the fur trim on the hats and earmuffs

To finish the card front, I die cut all the penguins, using the coordinating die setout of scrap paper, positioned them over the penguins (no adhesive used) along with a rectangle over the sentiments and splattered the entire front with black watercolor paint, mixed with a little water, to create the random splatter background. The light splatter dries quickly. I removed the masks and attached the card front to the card base.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Party Holiday Card by Bobbi Lemanski

Inside the card base, I stamped more sentiments from the set along with a few little accent images/”little things” from the set to connect to the phrase. I used my MISTI tool again to position all these little images and then stamped them all at one time.

You can shop these products at Sunny Studio Stamps. Thanks for stopping by today. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign.

------------------------------------------

Hey friends! Cathy here today and I’ve got some partying penguins to share having some fun for the Holidays!


Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Party Holiday Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Winter Scenes, Country Scenes, Slimline Dies, Fancy Frame Dies)
 

I wanted to create an arctic scene for them, so I’ve combined several background stamps and elements which work so perfectly with these adorable penguins. To start, I die-cut a frame from a soft creamy yellow cardstock using a Fancy Frames Rectangle Die and adhered it to a pink A2 card base. For the background scene, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using a Stitched Rectangle Die and inked the top 2” of the cardstock with Spun Sugar and Saltwater Taffy Distress inks. I colored the water at the bottom 2” of the cardstock with Copics using random streaking motions with BG49, BG57, BG34, BG23, BG13, and BG11. I heat embossed the sentiment along the bottom with white embossing powder.

 

For the mountain scene, I cut a piece of Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock 3” x 5 1/2", stamped the mountains from the Country Scenes Stamps across the top and colored it with Copics. I die-cut along the top of the mountain scene using the coordinating dies and die-cut along the bottom of the cardstock piece using a Slimline Nature Borders Die. To keep a continuous stitched look around the panel, I die-cut the sides of this cardstock piece using the same Stitched Rectangle Die and adhered the mountain piece to the sky/water cardstock piece about 1/2" from the top edge.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Party Holiday Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Winter Scenes, Country Scenes, Slimline Dies, Fancy Frame Dies)
 

I stamped all the images on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock, colored them with Copics and fussy cut them. The penguins from the Penguin Party Stamps are just adorable and fit perfectly on ice floats from the Winter Scenes Stamps and Bear Hugs Stamps. The Christmas tree from the Cozy Christmas Stamps helped to complete my festive scene along with a slightly smaller pine tree from the Seasonal Trees Stamps.

 

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bear Hugs Stamps
Bear Hugs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bear Hugs Dies
Bear Hugs Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seaonal Trees Dies
Seaonal Trees Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Scenes Stamps
Winter Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Scenes Dies
Winter Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Scenes Stamps
Country Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Scenes Dies
Country Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cozy Christmas Stamps
Cozy Christmas Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cozy Christmas Dies
Cozy Christmas Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Party Stamps
Penguin Party Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Party Dies
Penguin Party Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, these are both simply ADORABLE!! TFS -
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards!!
    Thank you so much for sponsoring the 2022 Cat Lovers Hop at Her Peaceful Garden!

    ReplyDelete