Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Joyful Holiday Paper Focused Cards with Marie and Alma

Hello Crafty Friends, Marie here. I'm so glad to be back again to share a new Holiday Card inspiration with you featuring the new Joyful Holiday paper. For my card today, I decided to create some holiday gifts using pink, red, and grey toned papers. I also colored up a sweet penguin from the Penguin Party stamp set that goes perfectly with this fun scene. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Joyful Holiday Paper Focused Holiday Card by Marie Marco (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Holiday Greetings, Penguin Party)

This card was super fun to put together and I especially loved and enjoyed creating the little gifts with Christmas colored twine! To create my gifts, I used different sized square dies. You can use any shape you want, it doesn't even have to be square! You can use rectangles and circles too, whatever small shapes you have on hand! I first cut out my shapes from 110 lb Neenah Solar White Card Stock as a study base for my pattern paper. Then I cut out my shapes from the Joyful Holiday paper and adhered it to the sturdy cardstock base. I wanted to give my presents a vintage look so I used some Distress Ink in Vintage paper and inked around my cut out squares. 

The fun part was adding Christmas twine! I cut strips of twine and attached it to the back of each shape using double sided tape adhesive. I created tiny bows and glued them to the front of each present using Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue. I set my tiny gifts aside and stamped my penguin from the Penguin Party stamps using Distress Ink In Antique Linen for my no-line coloring style. I used Derwent Inktense Pencils to color my penguin image, and cut it out using its corresponding Penguin Party dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: Joyful Holiday Paper Focused Holiday Card by Marie Marco (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Holiday Greetings, Penguin Party)

For my card front and background, I used the Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace die to die cut a beautiful scalloped panel from kraft paper. I attached this to an A2 sized panel of 110 lb Neenah Solar White Cardstock . For added fun and interest, I used some metallic watercolors and white acrylic paint to create some light splatters to my card. 

After creating my splatter background, I positioned and adhered my pattern paper gifts and penguin using a combination of foam tape and Craft Glue. I added some random white stars and some Mix Red Heart Drops for a pop of red! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Joyful Holiday Paper Focused Holiday Card by Marie Marco (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Holiday Greetings, Penguin Party)

Moving onto the inside of my card, I used the beautiful Holiday Greetings stamp set for my big and bold sentiment! I love this stamp set because all the sentiments come with corresponding dies making it super easy to place!!! I LOVE THAT! I used the Holiday Greetings die to cut out my Happy Holidays Sentiment, and along with two little gifts, adhered them to the inside of the card. I really love how this card came together and I already know who I'm planning to give it to! Thank you so much for joining me today! I hope this card inspires you to think of other ways to use your pattern paper! Until next time, Happy crafting and card making friends!  

-----------------------------------------------

Hi there, it’s Alma here with you. Today I want to show you how versatile you can use the new Joyful Holiday Paper pack! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Joyful Holiday Paper Focused Holiday Card by Alma Störk (featuring Hedgey Holidays, Autumn Tree Dies)

First of all I coloured the cute hedgehogs from the Hedgey Holiday Stamps with Copics and Pencils. After that I cut the Hedgehogs and add some highlights with the white gel pen. Then I die-cut the tree from the Autumn Tree Dies and the candy cane from the Santa´s Stocking Dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: Joyful Holiday Paper Focused Holiday Card by Alma Störk (featuring Hedgey Holidays, Autumn Tree Dies)

Then I cut a rectangular card and I die-cut the snowy hills with the dies from the Slimline Nature Border Dies and Fluffy Clouds Border Dies.  After that I cut the poinsettia plants out of the mentioned paper pad. Finally I glued everything together and added the text.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Santa's Stocking Dies
Santa's Stocking Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hedgey Holidays Stamps
Hedgey Holidays Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hedgey Holidays Dies
Hedgey Holidays Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Greetings Stamps
Holiday Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Greetings Dies
Holiday Greetings Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Party Stamps
Penguin Party Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Party Dies
Penguin Party Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Autumn Tree Die
Autumn Tree Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Joyful Holiday Paper
Joyful Holiday Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: