Saturday, October 1, 2022

Guest Designer Spotlight: Too Cute To Spook Card & Tags with Rachel Alvarado

Hello crafty friends! It's Rachel Alvarado here and I have some inspiration to share with you today featuring the new Too Cute To Spook Stamp Set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Too Cute To Spook Card by Rachel Alvarado

For my first project, I made an interactive 3D shadow box card. When you move the card, the spider swings back and forth. When folded, this card fits perfectly into a 5.25" square envelope.

Shadowbox Card Measurements:

  • Cut 2 pieces of card stock to 5" x 6.25" and score along the long side at 1.25" x 5"
  • Cut your window into one of your pieces (I used a standard stitched rectangle die)
  • Cut the inside strips to 4 3/8" long and however high they need to be (I varied mine so that you could see each grassy hill layer). Score these pieces at 3/8" and 4”
Sunny Studio Stamps: Too Cute To Spook Card by Rachel Alvarado

I stamped all of my images onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock and colored them with Copic Markers. I used the coordinating 
Too Cute To Spook Die Set to cut them out. For my background, I blended a mix of Squeezed Lemonade, Carved Pumpkin, and Candied Apple Distress Inks for my background.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Too Cute To Spook Tags by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Mini Mat & Tag Dies)

For my second project, I made a trio of tags also featuring the Too Cute To Spook Stamp Set. I used the Mini Mat & Tag 3 Die Set to create the base of my tags. I die cut each tag base from a piece of purple card stock and then die cut my inside layering piece from some white card stock. On each of these pieces, I blended some Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord, and Black Soot Distress Inks. I stamped my "Trick or Treat!" sentiment as well the tree and spider directly onto these pieces with black ink after the ink blending had dried.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Too Cute To Spook Tags by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Mini Mat & Tag Dies)

Here's a look at one way to use these tags. I placed some Halloween-themed pencils inside of a pretzel gift bag and added my tags to create some fun trick-or-treat favors. For candy lovers, you could also put candy bars or Halloween candy inside the treat bags instead. These tags are super easy and lots of fun!

I hope you enjoyed my card today! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by! If you liked this card and want some more crafty inspiration, please feel free to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Too Cute To Spook Stamps
Too Cute To Spook Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Too Cute To Spook Dies
Too Cute To Spook Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Mat & Tag 3 Dies
Mini Mat & Tag 3 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. OMG the tags on the pencils are too spooktacular!! My granddaughters are definitely going to get some of those. You're the best Rachel, TFS

    ReplyDelete