Friday, October 14, 2022

Reindeer Games Cards with Tina and Vanessa

Hello crafty friends, Tina here with my first Christmas card for the new release! Although I love card making all year round, snowy holiday cards are my favorite, so fun to add lots of snow or sparkle! Today I am featuring the sweet Reindeer Games stamp and die die set. This set contains all the elements for your cute festive cards. Love the adorable reindeer and fun Santa!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Reindeer Games Holiday Card by Tina (featuring Bear Hugs)

I wanted to create a winter mini slimline card using a sheet of snowy acetate I had in my stash for a while. But there are several ways you can make your own embellished acetate, like for instance with heat embossing snowflakes, stamping with white Stazon ink, or using a stencil and paste.  

The most important part of this card was getting the base structure in place. First, I die cut three rectangles out of Neenah Solar White cardstock. One of these was used to create two snowy hills for my front panel.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Reindeer Games Holiday Card by Tina (featuring Bear Hugs)

My acetate piece was sized down to the same width as the rectangles but for the height I kept it two inches taller. I then scored the acetate the same height as the white base. This created an acetate front piece the same size as the rectangles but with a two-inch flap I could sandwich between the two remaining rectangle pieces.

Before adhering the inside rectangle I ink blended this die cut with Distress Oxides, I used Salvaged Patina and Evergreen Bough. I selected one of the sentiments from Reindeer Games and used my Misti to stamp it on the smallest of the snow slopes. To finish the card structure, I added the two snowy hills to the acetate.

Next, I stamped and die cut the adorable Santa, Reindeer and a few gift packages from the Reindeer Games stamp set. To create the scene, I included the birch trees from Bear Hugs.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Reindeer Games Holiday Card by Tina (featuring Bear Hugs)

All the coloring was done with Copic markers, and since this is a winter card, I added tons of snowflakes with a white gel pen to the images and background panel!! Of course, one of the reindeer had to be Rudolph with the red nose! As embellishment I added a few of the Chrystal Clear Jewels scattered around the sentiment.

That finishes my snowy Christmas card, thank you so much for stopping by and happy crafting!

------------------------------------------------------

Hello to you! Vanessa here with my first Christmas card of the year, using the adorable Reindeer Games set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Reindeer Games Holiday Card by Vanessa Menhorn

I trimmed a panel of patterned paper from the Joyful Holiday paper pad slightly smaller than my card base and adhered it. Now I stamped my images onto white cardstock, always masking the previously stamped image before stamping the next. After I had removed the masks, I colored everything with Copics. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Reindeer Games Holiday Card by Vanessa Menhorn

Then I trimmed the stamped piece into a square, inked the edges with black ink and adhered this to a white rectangle. Finally, I stamped the sentiment and adhered the "selfie" to the card, adding a piece of washi tape to the top.

I hope you like my idea of grouping these cuties together for a photo shoot! Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by today!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Bear Hugs Stamps
Bear Hugs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bear Hugs Dies
Bear Hugs Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Reindeer Games Stamps
Reindeer Games Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Reindeer Games Dies
Reindeer Games Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Joyful Holiday Paper
Joyful Holiday Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment