Friday, October 21, 2022

Cozy Christmas Cards with Tina and Vanessa

Hello crafty friends, it’s Tina with a sweet Christmas scene card for you today! For me the Holiday Season is all about sharing wonderful moments with my family and friends. I love decorating the house and making it warm and welcoming. Cozy Christmas stamp and die set totally captures that vibe!! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cozy Christmas Holiday Cards by Tina (featuring Santa Claus Lane, Festive Greetings)

It also works well with other holiday sets like Santa Claus Lane. Or why not consider throwing in a summer themed stamp and doing some ‘stamp masking’. Yes, we are mixing and matching again today! It's fun finding ways to stretch your stamps and use them all year round and not just for a particular time or season.

For the card panel, I cut a rectangle from some Neenah Solar White 110 Lb Card Stock. I masked of the top and bottom parts with post-it tape so I could ink blend some Antique Linen Distress Oxide, to create a ‘wooden floor’ I added white lines with a gel pen.

The rest of the panel was colored with Victorian Velvet oxide ink, a Distress color I recently added to my stash, but which is becoming one of my favorites!  Once the panel was dry, I stamped a sentiment from the Festive Greetings set, love the classic font of this set!! Next, I colored a little baseboard with a dark brown Copic marker.

As for the mixing and matching, I used the following sets:
Cozy Christmas (sofa, cat, bears, tree, pillows, glasses, plate with cookies, picture frame, presents, lamp). Here I used a part of the lamp to make a Christmas tree container.
Santa Claus Lane  (fireplace, presents, Santa bag)
Kiddie Pool this is where I did some masking and stamped the image of the girl without the drink in her hand. I used a black pigment liner to do some easy touching up in the face area.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cozy Christmas Holiday Cards by Tina (featuring Santa Claus Lane, Festive Greetings)

After stamping and die cutting all my images, I colored them with my Copic markers in some warm Holiday colors and added details with my white gel pen. For the girl, I switched her summer outfit into long sleaved cozy winter clothes during the coloring process.

Next, it was time to assemble the card, I first glued the sofa and the fireplace to the card base with liquid glue. Then, I used foam tape to add the rest of the images creating depth and dimension.

I sprinkled a few sequins from the Jewels Pastel Mix around the sentiment and they worked really well with the background color. As a final touch, I added a white border cut with the Fancy Frames Rectangle Dies and adhered the completed panel to a white card base with liquid glue.

Thank you so much for joining me and I’ll see you soon! Happy crafting!

-------------------------------------------------

Hello to you! Vanessa here with a love themed card using the cute Cozy Christmas set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cozy Christmas Holiday Cards by Vanessa Menhorn (featuring Passionate Penguins)

I first masked off stripes on the front of my card and inked these with Festive Berries and Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide Inks. After I had adhered a strip of red cardstock to the bottom, I stamped my images from Cozy Christmas and Passionate Penguins onto white cardstock. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cozy Christmas Holiday Cards by Vanessa Menhorn (featuring Passionate Penguins)

Then I paper-pieced the couch with red heart patterned paper from the Rainbow Bright paper pad and stamped the pillow onto plaid patterned paper. I colored the other images with Copics and fussy-cut all the pieces before adhering them to the card. Finally, I stamped the sentiment from Snail Mail.

This adorable set is so versatile, building scenes with it is such fun :) Have a lovely weekend, everybody!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Festive Greetings Stamps
Festive Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper
Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Santa Claus Lane Stamps
Santa Claus Lane Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Santa Claus Lane Dies
Santa Claus Lane Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snail Mail Stamps
Snail Mail Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Passionate Penguins Stamps
Passionate Penguins Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Passionate Penguins Dies
Passionate Penguins Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Kiddie Pool Stamps
Kiddie Pool Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Kiddie Pool Dies
Kiddie Pool Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cozy Christmas Stamps
Cozy Christmas Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cozy Christmas Dies
Cozy Christmas Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. These cards are so sweet. That scene is amazing, Tina. The penguins are super-cute, Vanessa!!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete