Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Watering Can Cards with Alma and Gladys

Hello, this is Alma and today I want to show you a card with a vintage effect.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Watering Can Card by Alma Störk (featuring Background Basics)

To do this I created my card with kraft cardstock in matching colours. I stamped the rectangular card with white ink using the dots from the Background Basics Stamps Set. The watering can is from the set of Watering Can Stamps that I cut out with the Watering Can Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Watering Can Card by Alma Störk (featuring Background Basics)

The card is supposed to be a greeting from my garden, which is why I glued real lavender into the watering can. It dries and still looks beautiful afterwards.

Finally I stamped the butterfly and the "thinking of you" sentiment from the watering can set and glued everything together.

--------------------------------------------

Hi friends, Gladys here! I'm happy to be back on the blog to share another inspiration using the Watering Can stamp set. For this card I only used the butterflies from the set and combined it with the Lovely Lilacs to create a shaker card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Watering Can Card by Gladys Marcelino (featuring Lovely Lilacs, Stitched Arch Dies)

To start I used Pinkfresh Studio inks for the butterflies and lilacs. Here are the colors I used:
Yellow: lemon whip, marigold and Lawn Fawn jet black
Pink: ballet slipper, sparkling rose, bubble gum, raspberry bliss
Green: fresh pear, grassy knoll, olive

Next I cut two pieces of cardstock one from Bristol smooth cardstock and one from white cardstock. For the Bristol smooth cardstock I ink blended salvaged patina, peacock feathers, and mermaid lagoon. I used the Stitched Arch dies to die cut the center of the white cardstock. Then I adhered acetate on the back and double sided foam tape to create wells for the shaker elements. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Watering Can Card by Gladys Marcelino (featuring Lovely Lilacs, Stitched Arch Dies)

For the sentiment I white heat embossed on black cardstock and trimmed it down using a fishtail banner. Finally I adhered the entire panel onto a light gray pattern paper to give a subtle border.

Thank you so much for joining me today. Happy crafting!!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Background Basics Stamps
Background Basics Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Arch Dies
Stitched Arch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lovely Lilacs Stamps
Lovely Lilacs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lovely Lilacs Dies
Lovely Lilacs Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Watering Can Stamps
Watering Can Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Watering Can Dies
Watering Can Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment