Monday, June 20, 2022

Designer's Choice Cards with Catherine and Bobbi

Hello Friends! Catherine here, sharing a swimming pool edge to edge shaker card created with the new Swimming Pool Die and the adorable friends from Kiddie Pool Stamps.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Kiddie Pool Summer Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Swimming Pool Dies)

For the pool water background, I ink blended white cardstock sized 4.25” x 5.5” with Tumbled Glass and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide Ink. I lightly splattered Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide ink mixed with some water onto the background. I then embossed another piece of white cardstock sized 4.25”x 5.5” with Moroccan Circles Embossing Folder. The Moroccan Circles has a summer feel is perfect for this card. 

I used the Swimming Pool Die to die cut the top left side and the bottom right side of the embossed cardstock to complete the card front.

I placed the embossed cardstock onto the water background and lightly traced the pool shapes. I adhered foam tape all around the pools. I added Blue Topaz, Crystal Clear Jewels, and Magic Blue Jewels into the pools. I then wrapped a polybag which was cut 6.5” x 5.5” around the card and secured it with double-sided tape on the back. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Kiddie Pool Summer Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Swimming Pool Dies)

Next, I place double sided tape onto the back of the card front and adhered it onto the pool background.  I added some cute pool friends from Kiddie Pool Stamps, and swimming accessories from Beach Buddies and Sealiously Sweet which were colored with Copic Markers. I finished off the card with white heat embossed sentiments from the Kiddie Pool Stamps and Fabulous Flamingoes.

For more details and inspiration, please drop by my blog Craft-Cat! Have a wonderful day!

--------------------------------------------

Hi there! It’s Bobbi here with a thinking of you card designed for the summer season. Nothing says summer like tropical leaves and hibiscus flowers. This floral centerpiece is a special way to send happy thoughts to someone you are thinking about. 


Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Greenery Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Tropical Paradise)

I am using the following Sunny Studio Stamps products:

Summer Greenery Dies

Tropical Paradise Stamps

Watering Can Stamps

Sweet Treat Bag Dies

To make this 5″ X 7″ card, I started with a light wash of color on Canson XL Watercolor paper using Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor paint. I used soft blues and yellows which also created some nice greens, too. For the centerpiece bowl, I got creative with my Sunny Studio dies. I used the rounded flap from the Sweet Treat Bag die set and added a striped piece of pattern paper from the Subtle Greys pad for a decorative top edge to the bowl.  I used my Copic C1 and C0 to add shading below the pattern strip to make it look more real.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Greenery Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Tropical Paradise)

For the centerpiece flowers and foliage, I cut a number of sets of leaves using the Summer Greenery Dies and colored them using G28, YG67, YG17, YG03, and YG00. I like to make them look a bit striped because often they really are a bit striped in real life. Rarely are they perfectly blended (I spent years in my mom’s flower shop!)

For the hibiscus, I used the following red Copic markers to color them: R89, R29, R24, R17, R43, R22, YR31, and Y21. For the butterfly, I used YR27, YR24 and YR21. The leaves and flowers were arranged into the centerpiece bowl and adhered in place. I use Scrapbook Adhesives foam squares to make the flowers stand out a bit more. I added some sparkle to the front using coordinating shades of  embellishment jewels. Lastly, the front was attached to a white card base using double-sided tape. Tip: The double sided tape holds watercolor paper flat and keeps the edges secure.

Thanks for stopping by today. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used: 

Tropical Paradise Dies
Tropical Paradise Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Paradise Stamps
Tropical Paradise Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Buddies Stamps
Beach Buddies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Buddies Dies
Beach Buddies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Moroccan Circles Embossing
Moroccan Circles Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sweet Treats Gift Bag
Sweet Treats Gift Bag
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sealiously Sweet Dies
Sealiously Sweet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Kiddie Pool Stamps
Kiddie Pool Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Kiddie Pool Dies
Kiddie Pool Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Watering Can Stamps
Watering Can Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Swimming Pool Die
Swimming Pool Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Greenery Die
Summer Greenery Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Bobbi and Catherine (as well as SS) - These are a total delight. The kiddie pool card is fun and playful, CC. I love it! I love the Moroccan circles, too... and the use of watercolors for your card, Bobbi, was genius - so pretty.
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete