Saturday, June 18, 2022

Guest Designer Spotlight: Baby Elephant & Country Carnival Cards with Keiko Ichikawa

Hello friends! I'm Keiko from Happy Tree Studio and I'm so excited to share two cards I created with Sunny Studio Stamps summer release. I had so much fun creating!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Baby Elephant Card by Keiko Ichikawa

To make the background, I inked a piece of 4" x 9" white card stock with several colors of Distress Oxide Inks and added some splatters with water and white paint. I then added die cut scallop frame with foam tapes and adhered three layers of cloud border die cuts. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Baby Elephant Card by Keiko Ichikawa

I then stamped and Copic colored the images from Baby Elephants set and die cut them out with the coordinating dies. Before adhering the images with foam tapes (except three stars in the clouds that are glued flat), I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set with blue ink. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Baby Elephant Card by Keiko Ichikawa

I pop the elephant in the middle on a die cut cloud and stamped all the little stars he is blowing using the same Oxide Inks I used for the background.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Country Carnival Card by Keiko Ichikawa

The background is A2 sized white card stock and I inked it with Distress Oxide Inks and added splatters with the same inks. All the images are from Country Carnival stamp set and I colored them with my Copic markers and die cut them with the coordinating dies. I adhered all the images with some foam tapes, but since the Ferris wheel is quite delicate (I love how this is die cut!) I decided to layer two additional die cut to the back for dimension. I also added cloud die cuts to set the scene. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Country Carnival Card by Keiko Ichikawa

The sentiments are from the same stamp set and I white heat embossed a part of them and stamped the rest with a blue ink. To finish off the card, I repeatedly stamped the balloon images with dark and light blue inks and added white highlights with gel pen. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today. Have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Baby Elephants Stamps
Baby Elephants Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Baby Elephants Dies
Baby Elephants Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Carnival Stamps
Country Carnival Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Carnival Dies
Country Carnival Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment