Monday, June 6, 2022

Summery Greenery Cards with Catherine and Bobbi

Hello Friends! Catherine here, sharing a “flamazing” card using Summer Greenery Dies and the cute flamingos from Fabulous Flamingos Stamps.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Greenery Tropical Themed Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Fabulous Flamingos, Frilly Frame Dies)

To start, I die cut a piece of White Cardstock with Frilly Frames Stripes Dies. I then sprayed some Kirsch Flamingo Distress Spray onto the frame. I thought the color would match perfectly with the flamingoes in the card!

I flipped the frame over and glued on a piece of acetate. I then added foam tape onto the edges and poured Birthday Cake Dot Sprinkles and Pastel Rainbow Confetti into the frame. I removed the backing on the tape and attached a piece of White Cardstock 4.25”x 5.5.”

I then die cut the Summer Greenery Dies and ink blended some greenery with Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold, and Salt Water Taffy Distress Oxide Ink. I ink blended other greenery pieces with Tumbled Glass and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide Ink. I splattered some pink and blue watercolor onto the greenery for interest.

I thought it would be fun to add a drink bar for the flamingoes so I borrowed the bar from Tiki Time Stamps and colored the bar with Copic Markers. I added a “special cocktail” filled with confetti. To make the cocktail glass, I die cut three circles using the smallest circle in Stitched Circle Large Dies: one circle with White Cardstock, one circle with Acetate,  and one circle with Double Sided Foam.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Greenery Tropical Themed Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Fabulous Flamingos, Frilly Frame Dies)

I ink blended the White Cardstock circle with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and then I cut all the circles in half. For the cocktail glass, I glued the confetti from Pastel Rainbow Confetti onto one of the blue half circles. I added and glued on straws by cutting two thin strips of paper from Classic Sunburst Paper.

For the outer rim of the cocktail glass, I trimmed the other blue half into a thin curved piece to fit the outer shape of the Acetate half circle. I did the same for the Double Sided Foam half circle.  I glued the blue outer rim onto the front of the Acetate half circle. I then glued the trimmed Double Sided Foam half circle onto the back of the acetate. I removed the tape backing and attached it onto the other blue half with the confetti.

I used the lollipop die from Candy Shoppe Dies for cocktail glass stand.  I die cut the lollipop die with White Cardstock and ink blended with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I then trimmed the piece and glued it onto the back of the glass.

I stamped and die cut the flamingoes, watermelon, and pineapples from Fabulous Flamingoes Stamps and Fabulous Flamingos Dies and colored the pieces with Copic Markers. For the sentiment, I ink blended a piece of White Cardstock with Kirsch Flamingo Distress Oxide Ink. I die cut the piece with a pennant from Stitched Rectangle Dies and white heat embossed “Happy Summer” from the same set.

-----------------------------------------------

Hello Sunny friends! It’s Bobbi Lemanski here sharing a handmade greeting using the new Summery Greenery dies by Sunny Studio Stamps. This brightly-colored card offers a trendy color combination along with a quick and simple card layout. I’m using a fun flower and a striped patterned paper for the background. These patterns are from the Subtle Grey Tones paper pack. I love this paper pack!  The “Aloha” word is from the Island Getaway Stamp set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Greenery Tropical Themed Card by Bobbi Lemanski

To make this 5″ X 7″ card, I started by adhering patterned papers to the card front. Since the 6″ X 6″ pattern papers do not cover the entire 7″ long card front, I added an inch of 1/8″ strips of colored cardstock to the bottom of the front. I also added a 5/8″ strip of striped patterned paper to the bottom, too. Both patterns are from the same Subtle Grey paper pack.

I cut four 2-1/4″ diameter circles out of green, pink, gold and teal cardstock. I cut a different leafy design from each circle cut. One of the leaves is actually longer than the circle, cutting the circle in half. That’s okay! I love when the leaves extend beyond the circle cut. How cute is that?!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Greenery Tropical Themed Card by Bobbi Lemanski

I attached the four circles to the front, replacing the leafy design with a sage green leafy die cut for contrast. Each circle got faux black stitches around the perimeter and some black dots in the hole cutouts of the leaves. I used a fine-tip black marker to create the stitches by hand. I like the black accents with these bright colors. It “grounds” it a bit!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Greenery Tropical Themed Card by Bobbi Lemanski

I added some Black Onyx Droplets to the card for more high contrast. I also used my black marker to add smaller dots of black to the front. Lastly, I stamped “aloha” in black in the center of the circles to finish this card. This card could be used for many occasions, including a simple “hi.” 

Thanks for stopping by today. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Island Getaway Dies
Island Getaway Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Island Getaway Stamps
Island Getaway Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Candy Shoppe Dies
Candy Shoppe Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tiki Time Stamps
Tiki Time Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tiki Time Dies
Tiki Time Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classic Sunburst Paper
Classic Sunburst Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Circle Large Dies
Stitched Circle Large Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Greenery Die
Summer Greenery Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. These are fabulous. I especially love the flamingo card, Catherine! Bobbi, love the technique you used!!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete