Friday, March 15, 2024

Wicker Basket Die Focused Card with Nicky

Hi! This is Nicky back with you today on the Sunny Studio blog and I'm sharing an Easter card featuring the Wicker Basket Die.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wicker Basket & Bunnyville Easter Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Mini Grass Border Dies)

I ink blended a white A2 panel of cardstock with pale blue ink to create a super soft focal point and backdrop, then I used the Mini Grass Border Die and another A2 panel of cardstock and die cut two grass edges, one is bigger than the other. I ink blended these in a minty green ink and glued the larger one to the background and with the smaller one I used ScorPal tape around the left, right and bottom edge and adhered it down.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wicker Basket & Bunnyville Easter Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Mini Grass Border Dies)

Using more white cardstock I die cut the components of the Wicker Basket Die and I ink blended using pastel inks to shade the basket and colour the eggs, bows and flowers. The basket was backed with foam tape and slightly inserted inside/behind the smaller grass portion. I added the Easter eggs backing them with more foam tape, glued the bows on and arranged the flowers in the grass.

Images from Bunnyville were stamped with Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa and coloured with the following combinations of Copic markers:

Bunnies - E31, E41, R22, R20, R00
Butterflies - Y00, Y0000, W1, W0
I also used W4, W2, W0 to add shading to the bows

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wicker Basket & Bunnyville Easter Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Mini Grass Border Dies)

Images were die cut with the Bunnyville Dies and added with foam tape and then to finish things up I stamped the sentiments and adhered with foam tape and I highlighted those rosy bunny cheeks with a white gel pen.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope this inspires you to create your own Easter card for someone special this weekend.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Bunnyville Stamps
Bunnyville Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bunnyville Dies
Bunnyville Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wicker Basket Dies
Wicker Basket Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Grass Border Dies
Mini Grass Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: