Saturday, March 9, 2024

Sprawling Surfaces Card with Cathy

Hey friends! Cathy here today sharing a fun friendship card featuring the Sprawling Surfaces Stamps. When I first saw the wood plank stamp in this set, I immediately thought of the wooden boardwalks that we have on a trail near our home. There’s a creek that runs next to it and it’s very wooded. My husband and I frequently ride our bikes on the trail, so I had a fun time creating this little scene with the adorable bike riding duo from the Bighearted Bear Stamps.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sprawling Surfaces Spring Themed Friendship Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Bighearted Bears, Mini Grass Border Dies, Autumn Tree Dies, Country Scenes)

To begin, I lightly inked a soft sky with Tumbled Glass Distress ink on a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" white cardstock panel. I then stamped the sentiment 3/4" from the top and centered using stamps from the Garden Critters Stamps and the Bighearted Bear Stamps.

Next, I inked a 2” x 5 1/2" piece of white cardstock with Peeled Paint Distress ink and die-cut the top edge using a Mini Grass Border Die. I adhered it to the bottom of the sky background panel. The Autumn Tree Dies were the perfect size for my scene so I die-cut 2 trees and leaves from white cardstock and inked them with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide ink and Twisted Citron Distress ink. I adhered them slightly overlapping the right and left sides of the background piece and trimmed the excess with scissors along the edges. To add a pretty purple to my card, I die-cut small and large flowers using the Wonderful Windows Dies. I inked the large flowers in the trees with Dusty Concord Distress ink and added white gel pen details. I Copic colored the small flowers and adhered them towards the top of the grass piece. (I reserved some of the small flowers to tuck behind the boardwalk) I then adhered the background piece to an A2 card front.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sprawling Surfaces Spring Themed Friendship Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Bighearted Bears, Mini Grass Border Dies, Autumn Tree Dies, Country Scenes)

For my creek, I stamped the pond from the Country Scenes Stamps on a 2” x 5 1/2" piece of Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock, colored it with Copics and die-cut it using the coordinating dies. I then adhered it even with the bottom of the card. Since the boardwalks on our trail have wooden beams along the sides where there’s water or drop-offs, I stamped a few birdhouse posts from the A Bird’s Life Stamps to add along the edge of the wood stamp from the Sprawling Surfaces Stamps. I colored these with Copics, fussy cut them out and adhered my boardwalk along the bottom of the card. I also tucked in the remaining small flowers behind it.

To finish, I stamped the biking pandas from the Bighearted Bear Stamps and 2 butterflies from the Bunnyville Stamps on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock, colored them with Copics and die-cut them using the coordinating dies. Since Spring days are often breezy, I added a few fallen flowers to the boardwalk.

I hope you enjoyed my happy Spring scene and it brings a smile! Thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

A Bird's Life Stamps
A Bird's Life Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
A Bird's Life Dies
A Bird's Life Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Scenes Stamps
Country Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Scenes Dies
Country Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bunnyville Stamps
Bunnyville Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bunnyville Dies
Bunnyville Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Autumn Tree Die
Autumn Tree Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Critters Stamps
Garden Critters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Critters Dies
Garden Critters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wonderful Windows Dies
Wonderful Windows Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bighearted Bears Stamps
Bighearted Bears Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bighearted Bears Dies
Bighearted Bears Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sprawling Surfaces Stamps
Sprawling Surfaces Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Grass Border Dies
Mini Grass Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. This is super pretty and really cute!!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredibly adorable!! It looks like it really took a lot of thought and effort to bring to fruition but was totally worth it. And lucky me, I have everything to recreate this cutie except for the Sprawling Surfaces so I will have to do just a little shopping (darn, not darn!). Beautifully done, Cathy!!

    ReplyDelete