Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Spring Garden Die Focused Card with Tina

Hello crafters, it’s Tina and today I am featuring the fun Spring Garden dies! This set includes a variety of cute flowers and all the tools a gardener would need. I decided to go for a pastel Easter card, combining the dies with two adorable bunnies from Bunnyville. They are sized perfectly to fit inside the watering can and flowerpot!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Garden Die Focused Easter Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Bunnyville, Stitched Arch Dies, Frilly Frame Dies, Mini Grass Dies, Picket Fence Dies, Happy Thoughts, Winter Greenery Dies)

I started with a white card base and a purple flower frame made from a sheet of the Flirty Flowers papers. After cutting a panel with the outer die from the Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace die, I used the largest of the Stitched Arched dies.

We are creating a little flower garden scene, so I also made two grassy borders with one of the Mini Grass Border dies and inked them with Distress Oxide Lucky Clover. Next, I pulled out the Picket Fence die. I love how the white of the fence gives extra dimension to the grass portion of this card. I kept my background fairly neutral with some soft yellow clouds (Distress Oxide Squeezed Lemonade and a cloud stencil from my stash). The two bunnies from Bunnyville where colored in grey tones with Copic Markers, and I added some details with a white gel pen.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Garden Die Focused Easter Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Bunnyville, Stitched Arch Dies, Frilly Frame Dies, Mini Grass Dies, Picket Fence Dies, Happy Thoughts, Winter Greenery Dies)

Then it was time for a bunch of die cutting, I used a sheet of white Neenah paper and did my ink blending in happy Spring colors (Distress Oxide Squeezed lemonade, Kitsch Flamingo, Wilted Violet, Lucky Clover).

After assembling the garden tools and flowers with some liquid glue, I arranged all the elements on the card panel. Next, I decided where I would stamp my sentiment from Happy Thoughts in Versafine Onyx Black ink. After gluing the cloud panel to the card base, I added the grass borders and the fence. Next, I popped up the flower frame with foam tape. Then I added all my garden elements and bunnies. To create a garland for the top of the arch I used flowers from the Spring Garden dies and some purple leaves made with one of the Winter Greenery dies.

A few Crystal Clear Jewels were added for some fun bling. Thank you for joining me and happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Picket Fence Border Dies
Picket Fence Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Thoughts Stamps
Happy Thoughts Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Flirty Flowers 6x6 Paper
Flirty Flowers 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Arch Dies
Stitched Arch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Greenery DIes
Winter Greenery DIes
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bunnyville Stamps
Bunnyville Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bunnyville Dies
Bunnyville Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Garden Dies
Spring Garden Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Grass Border Dies
Mini Grass Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: